At Dale Carnegie we believe in bringing out the greatness in others, and that leadership is about working through/with other people—in trusting and dynamic relationships that inspire, engage, and align efforts—to realize desired organizational outcomes.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (PRWEB) March 09, 2020
Companies need leaders. Promoting high performing persons from within the organization, while common practice across many different industries, isn’t necessarily setting new leaders up for success. To that end, Dale Carnegie of Northern and Central Alabama is delivering two new leadership programs designed to develop emerging leaders while setting the teams within the organization up for success. Talk of Alabama’s Nicole Allshouse spoke with President of Northern and Central Alabama, Nancy Covert, recently to learn more about these new leadership offerings.
Dale Carnegie has recently started delivering 2 new Leadership Programs to address the ever-changing training needs of organizations. Based on the fact that the role leaders play in organizational success is vitally important, these two new programs are addressing the lack of guidance that exists when high performing team members find themselves in a new leadership role; effectively guiding leaders to achieve goals, drive results, and align their teams.
Without guidance, new leaders are left to figure it out for themselves, or fail. Dale Carnegie’s leadership training can speed up the transformation and help to ensure success. The Dale Carnegie Course is a solid foundation for those looking to lead themselves by focusing on their self-confidence and interpersonal skills. The Dale Carnegie Leadership Curriculum addresses additional leadership needs which focus on developing the competencies specific to new and experienced leaders
Dale Carnegie believes in bringing out the greatness in others, and that leadership is about working through/with other people—in trusting and dynamic relationships that inspire, engage, and align efforts—to realize desired organizational outcomes. The successful leader recognizes that leadership is not about doing the work or taking credit for it, but enabling and inspiring others to be successful. While sometimes the leadership role comes with opportunities to dictate, more often it’s about gaining buy-in and commitment through exercising influence patiently and with skill. That means leadership boils down to achieving results through other people.
Dale Carnegie of Central and North Alabama President, Nancy Covert explains, “While this may sound simple, it requires engaging many people or teams, managing competing priorities, providing compelling direction, and trying to figure out how to achieve results without unlimited resources.” Doing this requires that leaders role model essential competencies and apply principles, tools, and processes that bring out the best in people. By doing so, key leadership outcomes emerge which are critical for achieving the leaders desired performance results. Nancy also notes, “Unfortunately, these are skills in which few leaders receive adequate training as they are promoted into positions of leadership.”
The Dale Carnegie Difference
- Human Relations principles that are time-tested, global, timeless and universal, and guide everything that individuals and organizations do.
- Dale Carnegie provides practical skills that can be applied (not mere theories, buzzwords, or flavors of the month)
- Being a leader means being responsible for more than just yourself, and that is stressful. That’s why these programs provide practices to help reduce stress and worry.
- The programs are based on the wisdom and expertise gained from developing leaders longer than anyone else in the marketplace. Rather than trying to have people be someone they’re not, Dale Carnegie helps people bring out their greatness –their authentic self.
- Expertise from the organization that literally wrote the book on influence and building relationships. The knowledge and skills to work on getting things done through others
Upcoming Programs at Dale Carnegie of Central and North Alabama:
- Dale Carnegie Course – March 25-27, 2020
- Dale Carnegie Develop Your Leadership Potential - March 24, 2020
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Training for Results – May 1, 2020
If you’d like to know more about this or any of the programs Dale Carnegie of Central and North Alabama has to offer, call 205-444-5011 or visit https://birmingham.dalecarnegie.com/events/. Click here to view the full Talk of Alabama segment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2bhnPCDbxg&feature=youtu.be