"An unprecedented number of worldwide customers have helped us firmly establish the Talon brand globally, providing a robust start as we enter 2020," Shirish Phatak, CEO, Talon.
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (PRWEB) February 18, 2020
Talon, a leader in next generation software-defined storage solutions enabling global enterprises to centralize and consolidate IT storage infrastructure, today announced record growth and expansion for the 2019 fiscal year.
Talon’s strategic alliances with key players such as Microsoft and NetApp continue to drive significant exposure and adoption in global enterprises. Expanded use-cases for Talon FAST intelligent file caching software, in combination with new storage alternatives such as Microsoft’s Azure NetApp Files and NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP in AWS, are enabling centralization and consolidation of large networks of geographically dispersed distributed file servers into the cloud. FAST is even more compelling as it can leverage the new centralized storage platforms that did not exist previously, opening up formerly impractical use-cases for large global organizations.
“Edge computing and distributed storage have not been traditionally targeted as workloads suitable for cloud migration, due to both geographic issues, like distance and associated latencies, and a perceived lack of connectivity to file storage offerings in the cloud,” said Shirish Phatak, CEO, Talon. “However, with the increasing awareness and adoption of cloud-enabling technologies and new platforms from major storage players, - 2019 saw tangible market traction for enterprise-class cloud storage solutions that are flexible, easy to use and manage, and cost-effective. These results reveal that an unprecedented number of worldwide customers that have helped us firmly establish the Talon brand globally, providing a robust start as we enter 2020.”
Commissioned research in 2019 surveying users across Talon’s worldwide customer base confirm the trend to cloud consolidation. Datapoints from the Q4 research include:
- 50% of Talon users have 100TB+ of file server footprint
- Strong preference (74.08%) to move the file server workload to cloud within 24 months
- Strong preference (63%) for managed offerings such as Azure NetApp Files and Cloud Volumes Services over build-your-own IaaS storage
Highlights that contributed to Talon’s 2019 success include:
- Sales and Growth: Talon significantly increased sales and customer footprint, realizing an increase of 30% sales and customer acquisition over the previous year.
- Customers: 2019 wins include medical manufacturing companies Intuitive Surgical, and Convatec; financial sector wins at Jera Global Markets, a leading utility-backed seaborne energy trader; AustralianSuper, the largest Australian superannuation and pension fund; and Intermediate Capital Groups, a global alternative asset manager. In addition, the wins include engineering firms Skanska, Mott MacDonald, JUB Engineering, WSP Global, and travel group Expedia. Talon has been closing deals faster and winning significant pilots, as centralized data and other performance benefits exhibit massive value for enterprise customers.
- Global Footprint: Talon continues to operate sales operations in Amsterdam, United Kingdom, Sydney, Boston, Dallas and Chicago, engineering in San Jose CA and Pune India, and operations from Mount Laurel, NJ.
“2019 was the year of customer comments such as ‘Talon provides near-instantaneous global access’,” said Andrew Mullen, SVP, Sales, Talon. “Our value proposition combined with our partnership with industry leaders such as AWS, Microsoft, and NetApp has been a key differentiator in 2019. We look forward to continuing to solve the branch office management and distributed storage challenges of enterprises across the globe.”
Talon, a leader in next generation software-defined storage solutions, enables enterprises to centralize and consolidate IT storage infrastructure, while bringing data closer to their users, enabling enterprise global file sharing and collaboration. This results in streamlined IT management and improved end user productivity. From its headquarters in Mount Laurel, NJ and its global locations, Talon serves the largest Global 2000 organizations including the most established Architectural, Construction, Engineering, Energy, Offshore and Manufacturing companies.
Talon FAST™ is a trademark of Talon Storage Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
+1 (856) 535-7571
Smart Connections PR
+1 (860) 495-5566