“Our team has worked hard to reimagine every aspect of the Tamarack experience to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of everyone who will come and play at Tamarack’s mountain playground this summer.” said Scott Turlington, Tamarack president.
TAMARACK, Idaho (PRWEB) May 13, 2020
In accordance with Idaho Rebounds, Gov. Brad Little’s guidelines for opening up Idaho, Tamarack Resort has received approval from Central District Health for its phased reopening beginning on Saturday, May 16.
The phased approach prioritizes the health and safety of employees, guests, and homeowners while resuming dining, lodging, and recreation-based activities.
“We appreciate the leadership of the governor, the Valley County Commissioners, and our front-line first responders who have worked tirelessly to keep us safe during this pandemic,” said Scott Turlington, Tamarack president. “Our team has worked hard to reimagine every aspect of the Tamarack experience to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of everyone who will come and play at Tamarack’s mountain playground this summer.”
Starting May 16, Tamarack will resume its dining and lodging services and will also open its meadow hiking and biking trails for complimentary use while encouraging appropriate social distancing. Tamarack’s recently opened retail outlets, including the Clearwater Coffee Shop and Village Market and Deli, will also reopen with enhanced health and safety protocols. Construction on The Village at Tamarack will resume, including real estate tours of the Village residential units and the real estate gallery. Additional activities will resume on the following dates:
- May 21: Scenic lift rides on Tamarack Express
- May 22 (Memorial Day Weekend): Waterfront Cabana motorized & non-motorized boat rentals
- May 28: Lift-served mountain biking (dependent on mid-mountain snow melt)
- June 6: Tamarack Zipline Tours (dependent on mid-mountain snow melt)
- Mid-June: Guided whitewater rafting trips on the Cabarton stretch of the North Fork of the Payette River.
For all recreation updates, guests are encouraged to visit TamarackIdaho.com for the latest days and hours of operations, and to pre-book excursions.
Several of Tamarack’s new protocols and procedures across the resort will include:
- COVID-19 training for employees pursuant to Central District Health (CDH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines
- All employees will receive daily temperature checks and be provided gloves and masks to wear during interactions with the public
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of all high-touch surfaces, lodging properties, and recreation equipment
- Installation of Plexiglass dividers at all point of sale locations
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the resort, including all high traffic areas, elevators, and entry ways to main buildings
- Signage and markers to support all social distancing guidelines
- Limiting the number of guests inside dining, reception, and ticket areas
- Use of one-time menus in dining establishments
- Use of touchless card readers for transactions
- Complimentary masks available for all guests who forget to bring their own
The resort encourages all guests planning to visit Tamarack and surrounding mountain communities in Valley County to respect new protocols in place at local businesses and recreation areas – by continuing social distancing, wearing a mask in public, practicing good hand hygiene, and staying home when feeling sick. More information to help visitors ‘know-before-you-go’ is found at ProtectYourMountainPlayground.com
Tamarack’s comprehensive COVID-19 Reopening Plan is available here. The plan will be reassessed and updated as necessary to ensure alignment with State of Idaho and Valley County guidelines.