WASHINGTON (PRWEB) April 10, 2020
Hanley Wood | Meyers Research, the housing industry’s foremost advisors and provider of rich data, today announced that it is honoring Taylor Morrison as BUILDER magazine’s 2020 Builder of the Year. Due to COVID-19 delays, this award will be presented during live awards proceedings at the 2020 Builder 100 event, Nov. 2-4, at the Ritz-Carlton in Dana Point, California.
“In these trying times, we are thrilled to be honored by such an esteemed organization for our company’s story and heart that truly transcends every facet of our brand,” said Sheryl Palmer, Taylor Morrison chairman and CEO. “It’s my honor to accept this award on behalf of the entire Taylor Morrison family, one that we continue to cultivate and nurture—one that continues to prove resilient. We are grateful for our partners at Hanley Wood and Meyers Research for granting us this honor and we will continue to proudly serve as a beacon in the homebuilding community.”
2020 Builder of the Year
Taylor Morrison’s bold strategic path – toward extending its geographical footprint, shoring up its “barbell strategy” customer segmentation balance, expanding its real estate pipeline, burrowing boldly into the single-family-for-rent vanguard – date back eight years to its $722 million IPO, and acquisition of Texas-based Darling Homes.
The strategic “wins” of the past 18 months – as Taylor Morrison raced to be both the leading home builder its customers aspire to come to, and an enterprise its shareholders can count on for sustainable value creation – shine no less brightly for the fact of COVID-19’s sudden, bewildering impact.
- Taylor Morrison completed integration of its late-2018 acquisition of AV Homes, fueling a new engine of opportunity versus the surging entry-level market.
- It completed a strategic agreement to supply real estate and production capacity to single-family-built-for-rent community developer Christopher Todd Communities.
- Finally, the acquisition of William Lyon Homes, further expanded the Taylor Morrison footprint, giving the enterprise even greater strength consistent with its customer segmentation focus, adding purchasing and local land intel clout, and marrying with another powerful brand in customer trust, credibility, and quality.
At the same time, Taylor Morrison CEO Sheryl Palmer has committed energies, focus, and fanaticism to working with her corporate brain trust on transforming the meaning, essence, and model of what a big home building company should be.
The results of this work are evident and profound:
- For five years running Taylor Morrison has been recognized as “America’s most-trusted home builder”.
- This year, Taylor Morrison joined an elite few, among Fortune’s “Most Admired” companies.
- Taylor Morrison also shot up the charts among companies talented businesspeople “Most Want to Work for.”
“The Taylor Morrison team, under Sheryl Palmer’s leadership, is an inspirational example of resilience and adaptability in action in any time, but never more than now,” said Hanley Wood | Meyers Research CEO Jeff Meyers.
“The clarity of the Taylor Morrison culture around customer experience, trusted relationships, and innovation is exactly what will fuel a rebound for housing,” said John McManus, VP-editorial director for BUILDER and the residential group. “What Palmer, her brain-trust of headquarters, regional, and divisional leaders, and the sprawling network of thousands of associates can now celebrate is one essential, baseline characteristic: shared purpose.”
Published by Hanley Wood Media, BUILDER is the authority in the residential construction industry and serves as the magazine of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). For more than three decades, BUILDER has provided essential news, information and resources about products, technologies, trends, regulatory requirements and best practices to help home building professionals build smart.
About Hanley Wood | Meyers Research
Hanley Wood | Meyers Research represents the housing industry’s leading provider of rich data, backed by Zonda and Metrostudy, and the industry’s top advisors for residential real estate development and new home construction. With products and services geared for homebuilders, multifamily developers, lenders, and financial institutions, we provide innovative solutions to maximize opportunities in today's real estate development landscape. To learn more, visit meyersresearchllc.com.