There are a lot of unique, clever, fun and interesting plate messages available
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) September 30, 2020
Two of the 50 unique license plate messages up for grabs during the My Plates Great Plate auction of 2020 reflect the actual name of this great Lone Star state, Texas. The unique one-of-a-kind “plate speak” spelling of Texas shown as TEXA5 is offered in lot #4. Later in the auction, the message TEJAS is offered. TEJAS is a Spanish name derived from the Caddo word taysha, which means friend.
Another lot message similar to the above, can be shown as the greatest state abbreviation combined with the greatest country abbreviation, TX US. All-in-one simple license plate message TX US can be proudly displayed on the US flag plate.
Now, before there were Texans, there were Texians. This older version of the name referred to residents of Mexican Texas before the revolution that created the Republic. Like TEXIAN, other patriotic and colloquial messages like LIBERTY, AMERICN, PARDNER and YEE HAH are also being offered.
“Proud of this state and country? Then we have some truly one-of-of kind plates for you,” said Steve Farrar, President of My Plates.
Unlike other everyday Texas license plates, plate messages sold at auction by My Plates are offered for a 5-year term and are legally transferable. This means the plate owner has the right to pass it on to a family member, or gift to a friend. Transferability also means these plates can be sold, and therefore could make great investments. Any future recipient also gets the same ongoing transfer rights.
All of the plate messages offered in this auction have an opening bid of only $500, with only a few with a reserve beyond that price. Hence, on most plate messages, an opening bid could be the winning bid for that lot if no other bids are received.
“There are a lot of unique, clever, fun and interesting plate messages available, and through the auction, Texans have an opportunity to secure one,” said Steve Farrar.
The My Plates Great Plate Auction will be online-only and may be accessed via http://www.myplates.com/auction. Registering is quick and easy and once completed, you’ll be able to bid on your desired plate message.
- Dates: September 14 to October 21, 2020.
- Online auction accessed via http://www.myplates.com/auction
- All bidders must be registered to place a bid.
- People interested in the auction can visit http://www.myplates.com/auction for more information, to register and to view the complete list of plate messages for sale.
Previous Auction Results:
- 12THMAN sold for $115,000 in September 2013, making it the most expensive plate message in Texas.
- HOUSTON sold for $25,000 in January 2013.
- 3 sold for $20,500 in May 2019.
- 8 sold for $10,500 in November 2018.
- ALAMO sold for $10,250 in March 2016.
- 99 sold for $9,000 in April 2018
- 1969 sold for $5,250 in August 2017.
Why buy at Auction?
- Opportunity to purchase a truly exclusive plate message from My Plates' reserve collection.
- First right of renewal at the state's everyday pricing, which means you can keep the plate for as long as you choose to renew it.
- Auction plates are fully transferable. Not only can they be transferred from one vehicle to another, but also person-to-person, such as parent to their children or friend-to-friend. The plate owner also has the right to sell the plate message to another person with the same ongoing rights. As a result, Auction plates could be an excellent investment.
- Peace of mind, knowing that you're purchasing your official Texas license plates from My Plates, the authorized specialty plate vendor for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Supports the General Revenue Fund of Texas, which provides services for all Texans.
Texas Great Plate Auction List – 50 LOTS
LOT # Plate Message
5. YEE HAH
9. LUCKY ME
21. 1 MAVS
22. 1 SPUR
33. CHEVY 1
34. DODGE 1
43. HAN SOLO
My Plates designs and markets new specialty license plates as a vendor for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. Texans have bought more than 480,000 My Plates since November 2009, putting more than $95M in the state general revenue fund. My Plates’ goal is to create a long-term, mutually beneficial relationship designed to maximize revenues for the state through the sale of My Plates specialty plates. http://www.myplates.com.
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) serves, protects and advances the citizens and industries in the state with quality motor vehicle related services. For every $1 the agency spends, it returns more than $10 in state revenue. These funds are primarily used to build and maintain the state’s roads and bridges. Each year the agency registers almost 24 million vehicles; regulates vehicle dealers; credentials buses and big trucks for intrastate and interstate commerce; issues oversize and overweight permits; and awards grants to law enforcement agencies to reduce vehicle burglaries and thefts. Learn more at http://www.TxDMV.gov.
For more information, contact Steve Farrar at (512) 633-7978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TEXA5 & TEJAS