Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) October 07, 2015 -- And the winner of the second annual Get Started Las Vegas entrepreneurial award competition is... Text Safe Teens! This year's contest was held Thursday, October 1st in the Rain nightclub at the Palms Casino Resort. The event highlights Las Vegas entrepreneurs who are launching a start-up or want to grow their current business with a new idea, and assembles a star-studded panel of experts to help them transform that idea into a revenue-generating success.
Standing out among a strong field was no easy feat. More than 60 local applicants for the prize made it to an online pitch stage, from which only the best six presentations were selected. Along with Text Safe Teens, the other finalists were Blue Box Business Solutions, Hawlit, Lip Smacking Foodie Tours, MoveoMedics, and RockItStocks.
The panel for this year's Get Started Las Vegas was a who's-who of national and local business, media, and entrepreneurial superstars:
● Daymond John, who these days needs no introduction: Founder & CEO of FUBU global lifestyle brand, fashion industry pioneer, best-selling author, award-winning entrepreneur, and star of ABC hit television series Shark Tank.
● Kris Frieswick, Senior Editor at Inc. Magazine and award-winning journalist whose work has appeared in publications including the Wall Street Journal, the Economist, and Boston Globe Magazine.
● Stephen Rowley, Senior Vice President of Cox Business, who oversees the strategic direction of the fastest growing business unit of Cox Communications, including all marketing, operations, sales, product development, and partnership initiatives.
● R Blank, CEO of ShieldYourBody.com, the winner of Get Started Vegas 2014.
● Zack Ware, Managing Partner of VegasTechFund and a local legend in Las Vegas innovation, business, and public service circles.
Text Safe Teens is the creator of DriveSafe Mode, an app that allows parents to monitor and control their kids' mobile devices, to ensure safe use, particularly to discourage and disallow texting or mobile device use while driving. The technology currently supports parental notification if their teen is texting, Facebooking, Tweeting, Snapchatting, or using any other app while in motion, phone block based on acceleration, notification of any attempts to disable the app, and emergency number presets that are available in any circumstance.
DriveSafe Mode is compatible with both Android and iOS devices, and setting up an account and syncing it to devices takes only minutes. The app is also marketed to businesses, to help them monitor and control employees' mobile device use while driving and reduce liability issues arising from accidents caused by distracted driving.
“This was a huge win for us, and it was really an honor to be recognized by a group of panelists who are already out there making great business ideas happen,” said Greg Ekborg, the Director of Marketing for Text Safe Teens. “We've believed all along that DriveSafe Mode is a technology that provides a critically needed solution to distracted teen drivers, and it's already saving lives. To have that belief validated by winning Get Started Las Vegas provides us a huge boost and shows we're on our way to becoming something special.”
Prizes that Text Safe Teens earned for winning the prestigious event included a $2,500 cash award, a 1-year subscription to Cox Business services, and a spotlight article on Inc. Magazine's website. DriveSafe Mode is currently available at the App Store and Google Play for download.
About Text Safe Teens
Text Safe Teens is the innovator behind DriveSafe Mode, a patented application that allows users to monitor or control the devices most often linked to distracted driving, including Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. The company is not only committed to increasing public awareness of the problem of distracted driving, but dedicated to providing a full suite of tools able to reduce incidences of distracted driving and save lives.
Greg Ekborg, DriveSafe Mode®, http://DriveSafeMode.com, +1 7022332366, [email protected]