NEW YORK (PRWEB) January 15, 2021
The Association and the Club of Foreign Press Correspondents in the United States (ForeignPressCorrespondents.org) constitute the official representation for foreign correspondents in America. With representation in New York, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, the AFC-USA Club represents the foreign press representatives in America through board members, all of whom are full-time foreign correspondents working on behalf of foreign media. The AFC-USA believes in education as the vehicle of advancing foreign journalists’ career success. The organization is committed to providing educational resources, mentoring, access to a network of experts, and scholarships to foreign journalists in America.
Thanos Dimadis, President and Director of the AFC-USA, in his message to the new board members, said, “I am excited to work will all of you. There is a lot of work to get accomplished. I am also excited that the new board is very diversified in terms of the representation of different regions around the world, ethnicities, and of women as well.”
Nancy Prager Kamel, Chairwoman of the AFC-USA stated, “We welcome and Congratulation to all Board Members. We are excited to have you add your ideas and efforts to our dynamic Association.”
Thomas Barat, treasurer of the AFC-USA said, “I would like to congratulate you all on your board membership. I hope that in the future we will be able to work together just as well as we did with the members of the previous Board.”
The board members of the AFC-USA Club are:
- Bricio Segovia, an award-winning international news anchor and reporter who currently works as a White House Correspondent.
- Momoe Ban, a business journalist and senior correspondent for The Nikkei.
- Betul Yuruk, a foreign correspondent in New York, covering UN affairs, US news, for Anadolu Agency. Previously, she covered the UN affairs from Geneva.
- Alex Segura, a Los Angeles correspondent for Agencia EFE.
- Dawn Kissi, an award-winning journalist, executive producer, strategist, and entrepreneur. She is the Co-Founder of Emerging Market Media.
- Benjamin Tetteh, an award-winning African journalist with over fifteen years of experience.
- Alex Raufoglu is an Azerbaijani-American journalist, researcher, and press freedom advocate who focuses on Eurasia.
- Miriam Spritzer, an international correspondent from Brazil.
- Rahim Rashidi, the bureau chief for Kurdistan24 and reporter for Kurdistan TV and Zagros Arabic.
- Bobby Talukdar, a foreign journalist from Guwahati, Assam, Northeast India. She represents The North East Times, a daily newspaper based in India.
The board members of the AFC-USA are:
- Sissel McCarthy, an award winning international business journalist. She is a Distinguished Lecturer and director of the Journalism Program at Hunter College.
- Helen Whitney is an award-winning filmmaker with over forty years of experience producing dramatic features and documentary films which have appeared on all the major networks: NBS, ABC, PBS, HBO.
- Jeannette Hektoen, President of JH Media & Marketing, which specializes in marketing and promotion strategies for television, film and the internet as well as other media platforms.
- Lena Tabori has been in visual book publishing since 1967 when she joined Harry N. Abrams, Inc. In November 2016, she co-founded with Mike Shatzkin, a publishing icon, a climate change website: http://www.climatechangeresources.org.
- Rob Taub has enjoyed an eclectic career in film, television, radio and journalism. His work in television has encompassed everything from scripted comedies to World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Jane Isay is the author of Unconditional Love: A Guide to Navigating the Joys and Challenges of Being a Grandparent Today.
- Marilyn Haft is an an entertainment and digital media attorney. She specializes in the business and legal affairs of multimedia and communication industries including the film, television, digital and publishing sectors.
The Executive Officers of the AFC-USA and the AFC-USA Club are:
- Nancy Prager-Kamel, a strategic advisor at the UN and with the US Government on international issues and human rights with a special dedication and expertise on Anti-Traffiking.
- Susan Modaress Tehrani is an American journalist and political commentator based in New York City.
- Clarissa McNair is a foreign correspondent with World Radio Paris.
- Thomas Barat is a journalist, photojournalist, foreign correspondent/editor and Head of the NY Branch Office of a Hungarian based Press Agency (WBPI) and TV Channel (Heti TV) in New York.
- Alan Jude Ryland is an editor and reporter.
For more information please visit: http://ForeignPressCorrespondents.org