Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to enjoy great golf and support Shriners Hospitals for Children.
TAMPA, Fla. (PRWEB) October 26, 2018
The 2018 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open Brings Impressive Field to Las Vegas
The Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, a long-standing Las Vegas tradition, is set for Oct. 29 – Nov. 4 at TPC Summerlin. Don’t miss this premier golf and community event.
Shriners Hospitals for Children® depends on national signature events like the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open to help raise awareness and funds to support its mission to improve the lives of children. The weeklong tournament also features many additional events and experiences and is full of fun for the whole family.
The field of more than 120 prestigious players includes:
- Jordan Spieth – Winner of three majors: the 2015 Masters Tournament and U.S. Open and the 2017 Open Championship; winner of the 2015 TOUR Championship and FedEx Cup.
- Rickie Fowler – Ninth ranked golfer in the world, eight professional wins including THE PLAYERS Championship and the Scottish Open, he returns to the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open for the second consecutive year.
- Patrick Cantlay – Returns to defend his 2017 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open winning title.
- Kevin Na – Winner of the 2011 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open.
The Golf Channel has noted the quality of the competition with this statement on its website: “Spieth will join an already stellar field that includes Rickie Fowler, Bryson DeChambeau, PLAYERS champion Webb Simpson, Tony Finau and Ryder Cup captain Jim Furyk.”
Celebration of Community
The Shriners Hospitals for Children is more than a highly anticipated professional golf tournament, it is a celebration of community.
- Military personnel and local first responders receive free admission to the grounds and the Patriots’ Outpost, which offers thrilling views from above the 16th green.
- The tournament benefits and showcases Shriners Hospitals for Children, featuring our national patient ambassadors, and patient ambassadors serving as standard bearers. The opportunity to interact with our amazing patients is a very special experience that will be remembered long after the final shot of the tournament.
A Special Invitation
“With an outstanding field of players, a number of special activities and events, the opportunity to get to know our national patient ambassadors and standard bearers, and a record number of Shriners volunteering to assist, the 2018 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open is certainly going to be outstanding,” said Jim Cain, Imperial Potentate (CEO) of Shriners International, the fraternity that founded and continues to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. “Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to enjoy great golf and support Shriners Hospitals for Children. Tickets are still available – visit shrinershospitalsopen.com.”
An Alternative to Attending
If you cannot attend the tournament in person, you can still catch the action on the Golf Channel. Broadcasting coverage begins on Nov. 1. Check your local listings for details.
About Shriners Hospitals for Children
Shriners Hospitals for Children is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research and outstanding medical education. Our health care system provides advanced care for children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate, regardless of the families’ ability to pay.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and relies on the generosity of donors. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
For more information, please visit shrinershospitalsforchildren.org.
Chief Communications and Marketing Officer
Shriners Hospitals for Children