“The honorees are ascending municipal finance leaders who are passionate about what they do and the positive impact they’re having on their communities, peers and clients. Early in their careers, they’re already mentors and change-makers, with contributions that can be measured and felt.”
NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 16, 2022
The Bond Buyer, Arizent’s essential resource serving the municipal finance industry, has announced the honorees of its annual Rising Stars rankings. The program, now in its seventh year, celebrates the future of municipal finance leadership by identifying individuals under the age of 40 who are already active and making a difference in the sector.
A common theme among many of this year’s honorees is a passion for building communities and making a positive impact. Some of this year’s standout winners include:
- Patrice Mitchell, Director, Wells Fargo Bank: Patrice has worked on affordable housing projects, including a Washington, D.C.-based housing project that had been abandoned for 10 years prior to the financing. Her efforts have helped create thousands of affordable housing units across the country.
- Nicole Riggs, Vice President in the Public Finance Group, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group: Nicole made her way into public finance after discovering a passion for building communities while working for Big Brothers, Big Sisters, a non-profit organization dedicated to matching youth with mentors. Her favorite part of the job is still mentoring younger women.
- Akshai Patel, Director, RBC Capital Markets: Akshai joined RBC's charter school team after 10 years of running the charter school he founded, which focused on educating students in an underserved area. Now a key member of RBC's charter school financing team, he has been a leader in developing social bonds for charter schools serving disadvantaged students.
- Kevin Boomhower, Financial Analyst, NYS Environmental Facilities Corp.: Kevin believes water infrastructure is a basic necessity and the work EFC does is helping all communities in the state meet that need. By structuring loans and helping communities realize their capacity, Kevin helps EFC become part of the solution for providing clean and available water.
- Helen Pennock, Senior Associate, Orrick: At Orrick, Helen has touched almost every sector of the muni market and has worked frequently with the New York City Housing Development Corp. and the Metropolitan Transit Authority, something that aligns with both public interest and her own values.
“This year’s list features ascending municipal finance leaders who are passionate about what they do and the positive impact they’re having on their communities, peers and clients,” says Michael Scarchilli, Editor-in-Chief at The Bond Buyer. “Early in their careers, they’re already mentors and change-makers, with contributions that can be measured and felt. They are the best and brightest of this industry’s next generation.”
The honorees were announced at The Bond Buyer’s INFRASTRUCTURE conference, which took place November 14-15 in Washington, D.C. At the close of the conference, The Bond Buyer Hall of Fame Honoree Dinner celebrated the Rising Stars at an invitation-only gala, where the inaugural class of the Hall of Fame was also honored.
“The Rising Stars program continues to grow every year,” says Michael Ballinger, Publisher of The Bond Buyer. “It speaks volumes for the future of the industry that the next generation of leaders is so adept and driven. It’s clear the municipal finance community — and the communities they serve — are in great hands.”
The full list of honorees and their profiles can be found here: https://www.bondbuyer.com/rising-stars
About The Bond Buyer
Since 1891, The Bond Buyer has empowered issuers, investors and other municipal finance professionals to navigate the complexities of policy, regulation, market activity, infrastructure, public/private partnerships and more. Across its journalism, events, research and benchmarking, The Bond Buyer provides insight into the most relevant topics — from ESG to innovative deal structures. As the only independent resource serving the complete municipal finance community, The Bond Buyer’s authoritative content connects leaders online, in person and in print every day.
Arizent is a business information company that advances professional communities by providing insights and analysis and convening industry leaders. The company uses deep industry expertise and a data-driven platform to deliver its services, which include subscriptions, marketing services, live events, and access to Leaders, an executive forum. Arizent also connects business communities through leading financial services brands like American Banker, The Bond Buyer, Financial Planning and National Mortgage News, as well as professional services brands like Accounting Today, Employee Benefit News and Digital Insurance.