MONROE, N.J. (PRWEB) April 27, 2020
The Data Governance Professionals Organization (DGPO) has announced Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana as the winner of the 2020 Data Governance Best Practice Award. The Standard Bank Group and GSK Worldwide Real Estate & Facilities were selected as finalists.
Curtis Mischler, Data Governance Program Lead said, “We are so honored to receive this award. It is a testament to the effort the entire Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana team have put into making Data Governance a fundamental part of the business.”
Toby Hall, SVP, Chief Actuary, and Chief Data Officer added, “We take our responsibility to care for and steward our customers’ data very seriously. This recognition further validates that we’re doing that the right way.”
Lead Judge, Michele Koch said, "Delta Dental’s Data Governance program exemplified the characteristics of a successful program that is focused on business-driven decision making, solving their data challenges and reducing operating costs while building the foundational pieces of their Data Governance program. Their focus on strong roles and detailed responsibilities, innovative communication and marketing strategies, and documented program metrics and quantified business value clearly demonstrated why their program is the Winner."
The award will be formally presented at the Data Governance and Information Quality (DGIQ) Conference on December 9, 2020 in Washington, DC.
About the Data Governance Best Practice Award
The award is given to the practitioners within a non-vendor organization in recognition of the business value and technical excellence they have achieved in the design and implementation of an outstanding data governance program.
Each submission is judged on responses to the following:
- Business need(s) being addressed
- Approach used to design, develop and implement the program
- Scope and depth of the Data Governance Program as well as program longevity
- Data governance defined roles and responsibilities
- Communications and marketing approaches
- Policies, procedures and processes established
- Program metrics and business value provided
Judges of the 2020 Award were:
- Barbara Deemer, Navient, DGPO Charter Member
- Michele Koch, Navient, DGPO VP Professional Services
- John Ladley, Sonrai Solution, DGPO Advisor
- Janet Lichtenberger, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- David Loshin, Knowledge Integrity, DGPO Advisor
- Cynthia Parsons, Nationwide, Winner of the 2019 Best Practice Award
- Sal Passariello, DGPO Treasurer
- Kevin Shannon, DGPO VP of Communications
The DGPO Data Governance Best Practice Award is sponsored by the DGIQ Conference.