ST ANDREWS, Scotland (PRWEB) October 22, 2018
Ewan McKay, Chairman of The Feddinch Club—the first and only private, residential member’s club with its own course in St. Andrews—confirmed today that several special developments have taken place to boost the appeal of membership.
Construction of The Feddinch Club course progresses, with much of the rough shaping now complete. Current work is concentrated on improving site boundary walls and directing surface water into newly created culverts and wetlands in out-of-play areas to enhance bio-diversity. This will be followed by mid-2019 completion of the rough shaping and installation of additional drainage and irrigation. The formal opening of the club is scheduled for Spring 2021.
Founder Member enrollment has been extended to Nov. 30, 2018. Those wishing to take advantage of the opportunity to enroll now only pay a 2.5% deposit, which remains in escrow until six months prior to opening, when the balance will be payable.
Enrollees enjoy special benefits including annual credits to be spent at the club along with:
- Complimentary transfers from and to airports in Scotland and courses in the locale
- 7 nights guaranteed accommodation annually for family use
- The right to reserve 10 suite nights annually for unaccompanied guests
- Entitlement to enter a ballot for accommodation during the week of The Open
- Unlimited and complimentary play for spouse/partner and immediate offspring under age 30
- Playing rights daily for up to seven golfers
- The right to host an annual event for up to 24 participants
- A personalized concierge service to take care of all requests
- A gated entrance to maximize privacy and security and ensure total relaxation
- Access to numerous outdoor pursuits for families
- Opportunities to participate in driven game shoots and fishing expeditions
Additional updates from The Feddinch Club include:
- An agreement in principle has been reached with the local Kingsbarns Distillery for the production of a Feddinch-branded single malt whisky and a variety of gins that will be available in the clubhouse. Members of The Feddinch Club also will be able to purchase a consignment of the whisky in barrels and, upon maturation, have it personally labelled.
- In homage to the great golf course designer Donald Ross, who studied under Old Tom Morris in St. Andrews before coming to America where he became one of the country’s foremost architects, a statue of Ross will be erected at The Feddinch Club and each of the 19 holes will be named after courses designed by him. To date, acceptances have been received from Seminole, Inverness, Scioto, Grosse Ile, Charlotte Country Club, and Wannamoisett.
For further information or to schedule a site visit, call +44 1334 461018, visit http://www.feddinchstandrews.com or email McKay at ewan(at)feddinchstandrews.com.