"Our participation in this research initiative demonstrates ADLINK's commitment to 5G and what comes after."
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) September 24, 2020
- ADLINK is one of ten technology leaders that have joined together for a first of its kind research initiative, JB5GRI, focused on exploring technologies beyond 5G, towards the 6G future
- ADLINK is bringing its expertise in distributed infrastructure management and distributed communication including edge, fog and multi-access edge computing
- The JB5GRI will research several hypothetical AIoT use cases anticipating results by 2030 and has submitted a project proposal, KAIROS, to the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme call “Smart Connectivity Beyond 5G”
For media inquiries kindly contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADLINK Technology Inc., a global leader in edge computing, has joined nine other companies to explore technology after 5G. The global Joint Beyond 5G Research Initiative (JB5GRI) will investigate and shape the future towards 6G, a first of its kind peer research initiative.
As part of JB5GRI, ADLINK will join in exploration of a range of technologies - network automation with AI, how to decentralize communication, how to distribute even further, how to push high spectrum communication, and more. JB5GRI focuses on promising technologies for the future mobile telecommunication system and targets early pre-standardization and coordination of technology for networks and services beyond 5G, towards 6G.
“We’re planning for the future. The time frame to go from concept to market with a new generation of mobile networks is about 10 years. In order to be ready at a production level for 6G, we need to start at the research and innovation level now,” said Luca Cominardi, Senior Technologist and Researcher in ADLINK’s Advanced Technology Office.
JB5GRI will research hypothetical use cases that include:
- AI connected car of the future
- Network-wide resource sharing built on distributed AI with end-to-end cybersecurity
- Tactile internet with smart glasses in AR/VR
- Validation of beamforming in THz bands
ADLINK is bringing its expertise in distributed communication, distributed management and distributed computing including edge, fog and multi-access edge computing (MEC) to JB5GRI. ADLINK’s participation will be informed by the company’s leadership on open-source Eclipse Edge Native and IoT projects including Zenoh, Fog05 and Cyclone DDS.
- Zenoh is a built-from-scratch new messaging protocol that addresses the challenges of data management in fog and edge computing. The Zenoh paradigm is decentralized and distributed to enable scaling up from constrained scenarios to Internet scale.
- Fog05 tackles decentralized infrastructure management for distributed devices, virtualized applications, and robotics operations along the fog and edge infrastructure.
- Cyclone DDS is the new fastest growing open-source implementation of the OMG Data Distribution Service standard for mission critical IoT systems.
ADLINK currently has hardware and software to support the demands of 5G today, including MEC edge servers to expedite the rollout of Open RAN initiatives and private 5G networks, edge AI hardware to support heterogeneous computing for processing acceleration, and software such as ADLINK’s DDS and ADLINK Edge™ that connect distributed systems for real-time intelligent decision making.
"Our participation in this research initiative demonstrates ADLINK's commitment to 5G and what comes after. Customers who look to ADLINK for our current 5G, AI and IoT edge hardware and software can have confidence that we are thinking about what they will need in the future. We’re already invested in what’s beyond 5G.”
JB5GRI has already submitted the project proposal, Knowledge and Artificial Intelligence-based smart networks for Reliable mobile cOmmunicationS (KAIROS), to the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme call “Smart Connectivity Beyond 5G”.
About ADLINK Technology
ADLINK Technology Inc. is a global leader in edge computing. Our mission is to affect positive change in society and industry by connecting people, places and things with AI. The company offerings include robust boards, real-time data acquisition solutions and application enablement for AIoT. ADLINK serves vertical markets including manufacturing, communications, healthcare, aerospace, defense, energy, infotainment and transportation. ADLINK is a Premier Member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance, a partner of NVIDIA, and a contributor to standards initiatives such as Eclipse, OCP, OMG and ROS2 TSC. ADLINK is ISO-9001, ISO-14001, ISO-13485 and TL9000 certified and is publicly traded on TAIEX (Stock Code: 6166). Learn more at http://www.adlinktech.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the U.S. and other countries.