The evening promises to be a lot of fun and very active…attendees will be moving around all night in a night club atmosphere with live jazz music.
PARK RIDGE, Ill. (PRWEB) September 19, 2018
The Harbour's Speakeasy night will be held on Saturday, September 29, 2018 at the Field’s Infiniti dealership located at 2100 Frontage Road in Glencoe, IL. The event will run from 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm. The public is invited.
The Elaine Dame trio will provide an evening of live jazz entertainment for this Roaring 20’s themed event. Held in the main showroom at Field’s Infiniti, the space will be outfitted with a complete casino operation, with dealers, to provide the total ambiance of a casino and Roaring 20’s night club.
The admission ticket price is $80.00, which includes an open bar serving cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. The admission ticket also provides the attendee with $1,000.00 worth of starter chips (play money), with additional chips available for purchase. Attendees are asked to provide the Speakeasy password “RUOBRAH” (“Harbour” spelled backward) to gain entrance.
Attendees are encouraged to wear Roaring 20’s period Jazz Style attire, otherwise normal evening attire is recommended.
Some of the night’s highlights include:
- Slot Tournament – the four highest scores on the slot machines will be eligible to play for a grand prize
- A contest will be held with several prize sets of diamond earrings
- A raffle that will be conducted throughout the night; casino winnings can be converted to raffle tickets
The evening promises to be a lot of fun and very active…attendees will be moving around all night in a night club atmosphere with live jazz music. There will be many opportunities to play at casino tables or participate in special contests, in addition to the raffle.
How to Get Tickets
Tickets can be purchased online at https://theharbour.org/speakeasy.html, at the door of the event, or by contacting Anna Piotrowski (847.297.8540, ext. 135; email@example.com).
About The Harbour
Since 1971, The Harbour has provided housing and supportive services to community youth in crisis in the North and Northwest suburbs of Cook County. The agency is the only state-licensed program providing emergency shelter and transition living services to homeless youth over the age of 18. Since our founding, hundreds of youth have passed through our doors who were deflected from homelessness, graduated from our programs, and are now living independently.
Today, our wide spectrum of youth housing options ensures we can meet youth where they are and provide comprehensive services designed to foster self-sufficiency and success. Youth are provided with individualized services through three core programs:
- Safe Harbour Emergency Shelter
- Youth in Transition
- Successful Teens/Effective Parents (STEPs)
While The Harbour receives some financial support from the State of Illinois, it relies on donations to provide the support needed to continue providing its services. Monthly donations, bequests and small single donations are gratefully accepted.
Important statistics regarding homeless youth in our area:
- Each year, 25,000 of our young people in Illinois will have no place to call home
- Over half are located outside of the city
- 92% do not receive the needed services
- Teens ages 12 – 17 are more likely to become homeless than adults
- In 2012, the National Runaway Safeline received more than 1,000 calls from our immediate area
- Approximately half of all homeless youth experienced physical abuse at home before becoming homeless
- 5,000 young people die every year due to assault, illness or suicide while homeless
For more information about The Harbour, please visit http://www.theharbour.org.