As a pioneer in the industry, we are early adopters of new technologies like Liquid which drive efficiency, speed, and trust among industry participants. - Meltem Demirors
VICTORIA, British Columbia (PRWEB) July 29, 2020
This week, the Liquid Network, a sidechain-based settlement network designed by Blockstream, welcomed eight new members to the Liquid Federation: CoinShares, Condensat Technologies, INX, JST Capital, Paymium, Petrushev Capital, Sevenlabs, and Satoshis Games.
The new batch of members brings the Liquid Federation to a total of 53 members, which includes cryptocurrency exchanges, trading desks, infrastructure providers, and now even some Bitcoin gaming companies.
“The new addition of members represents an accelerating interest in the industry’s leading sidechain,” said Samson Mow. “At the time of writing, there are over 2,400 L-BTC and almost 500 registered assets on the Liquid Network. The latest notable issuances include SETTLENET’s Japanese yen–backed JPYS token and Light Nite’s variety of gaming assets.”
As the federation grows, the security of the Liquid Network also improves—decision making over the development of the network becomes more distributed. Also, the upcoming Dynamic Federations (DynaFed) update will facilitate any of the members to fire up new functionaries that operate and secure the sidechain.
“Capital markets are seeing a rapid digital transformation, and nowhere is the pace of technological innovation as rapid as in crypto,” said Meltem Demirors, Chief Strategy Officer at CoinShares. “As a pioneer in the industry, we are early adopters of new technologies like Liquid which drive efficiency, speed, and trust among industry participants.”
The addition of new members also means new integrations. Some are already online, while others will be going online soon, providing Liquid users with more venues to manage and trade their L-BTC and other Liquid assets.
- CoinShares: A leading global provider of institutional-grade investment products and services for digital asset investors. Coinshares intends to use Liquid as transport rails for its digital asset trading between exchanges.
- Condensat Technologies: a provider of white-label asset management and core-banking infrastructure. Condensat Technologies uses Liquid as a currency and asset reserve system for custodian core banking software and as a verification system to allow easy and cheap auditability.
- INX: a platform for the listing and trading of regulated security tokens and cryptocurrencies for institutional and retail investors. INX plans to integrate Liquid Securities as a key part of its security token trading services.
- JST Capital: provides a full suite of traditional financial services to institutions in the digital asset market, including trading, execution, structuring, investing, and risk management. JST Capital is using Liquid to trade OTC on Crypto Garage’s SETTLENET platform.
- Paymium: one of the oldest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world based in Paris, France, providing trading and merchant services. Paymium is adding L-BTC support to allow for faster bitcoin deposits and withdrawals for their BTC-EUR traders.
- Petrushev Capital: an asset management advisory that specializes in the digital asset derivative and spot markets. Petrushev Capital is using Liquid for OTC trading, with a focus on smallcap European fiat market pairs.
- SevenLabs: a provider of cutting-edge infrastructure for end-to-end, global, non-custodial exchange networks and provides services to enable crypto pioneers to interact with distributed ecosystems. SevenLabs’ Liquid-powered TDEX protocol provides a peer-to-peer, non-custodial platform for traders to exchange Liquid assets.
- Satoshis Games: a developer of online games with Bitcoin-based rewards and assets (such as the upcoming Light Nite) and a publishing platform for new games interested in adding the same Bitcoin features. Satoshis Games uses Liquid to tokenize in-game skins, enabling players to withdraw and trade them with other players, as well as verify their scarcity.
The Liquid Network is an open network, providing anyone with faster, confidential transaction features, and the power to issue new assets. Liquid Federation membership provides additional benefits such as contributing to the network’s security and management, Bitcoin peg-out features, and enhanced connectivity to the network. If you would like your business to become a member of the Liquid Federation, submit your interest via the Liquid Federation’s Membership Board through liquid.net.
Blockstream is the global leader in Bitcoin and blockchain infrastructure. Blockstream’s sidechain technology (the Liquid Network) enables faster Bitcoin settlements while empowering financial institutions to tokenize assets. Blockstream Mining provides enterprise-class mining facilities for the colocation of Bitcoin mining operations. The Cryptocurrency Data Feed, developed in partnership with Intercontinental Exchange, delivers best-in-class real-time and historical exchange data. Blockstream Green is the world’s most advanced consumer Bitcoin wallet. Blockstream was founded in 2014, with offices and team members distributed around the world.
About the Liquid Network
The Liquid Network is a sidechain-based settlement network for traders and exchanges, enabling faster, more confidential Bitcoin transactions and the issuance of digital assets. The Liquid Network is operated and managed by its federated members, ensuring the system has no single point of failure. Learn how to get access to the future of digital asset finance at liquid.net.