ROSEMONT, Ill. (PRWEB) January 14, 2020
The Roofing Alliance, the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), proudly announces the five finalist teams in the 2020 Construction Management Student Competition. Celebrating its sixth year, the competition had eight schools participate. Based on their written proposals, five finalist teams were selected and will compete on February 5th at the 2020 International Roofing Expo® (IRE) in Dallas, Texas.
The five finalist schools who will be presenting in Dallas are:
- Auburn University, The McWhorter School of Building Science, Auburn, Alabama with Rachel Nemecek (team captain), Samuel Short, Oliver Reinwald, Davis Hambrick and Walker Lott (alternate). Faculty advisor is Lauren Redden. Team Mentor is Kyle Thomas, Thomas Roofing Co. Inc., Mobile, Ala.
- Clemson University (NEW), Clemson, S.C. with Brad Smith (team captain), David Compton, Patrick McLeod (alternate), Hallie Bowers and Hendrix Smith. Faculty advisor is Dr. Dhaval Gajjar. Team mentor is Nicholas Hotze, Guy Roofing Inc., Spartanburg, S.C.
- Colorado State University, Department of Construction Management, Fort Collins, Colo. with Brendan Phelan (team captain), Paul Cheever, Christopher Vargas and Jake Peckham. Faculty advisor is Nick Rubino. Team mentor is Kent Nelson, Front Range Roofing Systems LLC, Greeley, Colo.
- Texas A&M University (NEW), College Station, Texas with Tyler Stivers (team captain), Austin Davis (alternate), Erbey Hernandez, Collin Rosser and Kyler Hardison. Faculty advisor is Lance Simms. Team Mentor is Mark Standifer, King of Texas Roofing Company, LP, Grand Prairie, Texas.
- University of Florida, M.E. Rinker, SR. School of Building Construction, Gainesville, Fla. with Tony Centro (team captain), Ricardo Madero, Eric Biggs, Palmer Collins and Collin Galinas (alternate). Faculty advisor is Jim Sullivan. Team Mentor is Rob Springer of Springer-Peterson Roofing + Sheet Metal Inc., Eaton Park, Fla.
The Roofing Alliance construction management student competition is designed to test the students on their roofing knowledge, project management capabilities and presentation skills. This year, the teams are tasked with submitting a qualified bid package for a new roof system on the Ford Center, the indoor practice facility of the Dallas Cowboys. The Ford Center is part of the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters in Frisco, Texas and was originally roofed by KPost Roofing and Waterproofing of Dallas, TX. The teams researched the project, reviewed the plans and specifications, and assembled a full estimate and qualified bid package proposal that was submitted to a board of Roofing Alliance judges.
The five finalist teams will travel to the International Roofing Expo® in Dallas, where they will present their proposals as if they were presenting to the general contractor for the project on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 starting at 7:45 a.m. The winning teams will be announced later Wednesday evening at the NRCA Industry Awards Ceremony.
Please join the Roofing Alliance at these exciting events and support the youth of our industry.
- Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition, Wednesday, February 5, 2020 | 7:45 am - 11:15 am – Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas, TX
- NRCA Industry Awards Ceremony and Cocktail Reception, Wednesday, February 5, 2020 | 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm – Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas, TX
To learn more about the Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition , visit http://www.roofingalliance.net or contact Bennett Judson, the Roofing Alliance’s executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Roofing Alliance
The Roofing Alliance is committed to shaping the industry’s future by funding education, research, scholarships and philanthropic initiatives, all for the purpose of securing the industry’s future excellence. Composed of 169 members representing extraordinary leaders from the contracting, manufacturing, distribution and service provider communities, the Roofing Alliance has committed $13 million to enhance the performance and long-term viability of the industry and allocated more than $5 million to fund 48 research, education, technical and philanthropic programs and projects. Serving as the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), Roofing Alliance members are focused on giving back and supporting high-quality educational programs and ensuring timely and forward-thinking industry responses to major economic and technological issues. For more information about Roofing Alliance initiatives, visit http://www.roofingalliance.net.