These finalist teams will compete in the final leg of the competition, which is the oral presentations scheduled for Wednesday, February 2, 2022, at the 2022 International Roofing Expo® (IRE) in New Orleans.
ROSEMONT, Ill. (PRWEB) January 11, 2022
The Roofing Alliance, the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), proudly announces the five schools that will be participating in the 2021-22 Construction Management Student Competition. These finalist teams will compete in the final leg of the competition, which is the oral presentations scheduled for Wednesday, February 2, 2022, at the 2022 International Roofing Expo® (IRE) in New Orleans.
The schools who will be participating in this eighth annual event are:
- California Polytechnic University; Nathan Horst (team co-captain), Steven Zheng (team co-captain), Claire Peters, Nick Reeves and Chance Giessinger (alternate); Faculty advisor is Dr. Jeong Woo; Team mentor is Rudy Gutierrez, Shell Roofing Solutions, Chino, Calif.
- Clemson University, Clemson, S.C.; James Goodwin (team captain), Jackson Davis, Tristan Moseley, Allie Stark and Declan Fay (alternate); Faculty advisor is Dr. Dhaval Gajjar. Team mentor is Will Fort, Bone Dry Roofing, North Charleston, S.C.
- Colorado State University, Department of Construction Management, Fort Collins, Colo.; Kendall Carter (team captain), Dylan Smithwick, Mackenzie Voshage and Jack Wathen; Faculty advisor is Nick Rubino. Team mentor is Kent Nelson, Front Range Roofing Systems LLC, Greeley, Colo.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas; Kyler Hardison (team captain), Blake Bocchino, Kyle Cahill, Canyon Martine and Alexia Palomares (alternate); Faculty advisor is Larry McGinn. Team Mentor is Mark Standifer, King of Texas Roofing Company, LP, Grand Prairie, Texas.
- University of Florida, M.E. Rinker, SR. School of Building Construction, Gainesville, Fla.; Ansley Spofford (team captain), Ryan Freeman, Avery Tyndall and John Zielinski; Faculty advisor is Jim Sullivan. Team Mentor is Rob Springer of Springer-Peterson Roofing + Sheet Metal Inc., Eaton Park, Fla.
The Roofing Alliance construction management student competition is designed to test the students on their roofing knowledge, project management capabilities and presentation skills. This year, the teams are tasked with submitting a qualified bid package for reroofing the Four Points Sheraton Hotel on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. The teams must research the project, review the plans and specifications, and assemble a full estimate and proposal to submit a qualified bid package.
All participating teams submitted their proposal packages on November 19, 2021, which were then reviewed by industry judges with five teams selected as finalists. The teams will now travel to the International Roofing Expo® in New Orleans, where they will present their proposals as if they were presenting to the general contractor for the project on Wednesday, February 2, 2022. Winning teams will be announced at the NRCA Awards Ceremony, February 2, 2022, starting at 5 p.m.
To learn more about the Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition, visit http://www.roofingalliance.net or contact Executive Director Alison L. LaValley, CAE at email@example.com.
About the Roofing Alliance
The Roofing Alliance is committed to shaping the industry’s future by funding education, research, scholarships and philanthropic initiatives, all for the purpose of securing the industry’s future excellence. Composed of 177 members representing extraordinary leaders from the contracting, manufacturing, distribution and service provider communities, the Roofing Alliance has committed $14 million to enhance the performance and long-term viability of the industry and allocated more than $5.8 million to fund 51 research, education, technical and philanthropic programs and projects. Serving as the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), Roofing Alliance members are focused on giving back and supporting high-quality educational programs and ensuring timely and forward-thinking industry responses to major economic and technological issues. For more information about Roofing Alliance initiatives, visit http://www.roofingalliance.net.