FREDERICK, Md. (PRWEB) February 04, 2021
The Rotary Club of Frederick’s Service Partnership Grant Committee recently awarded 17 grants totaling $60,000 to local nonprofit organizations. Grants are funded primarily through proceeds from the Club’s signature fundraiser, the annual Leprechaun Luau.
These “Service Partnership Grants” are awarded annually to local nonprofit organizations whose missions align with Rotary International’s seven areas of focus, including basic education and literacy, peace and conflict prevention and resolution, and community needs identified in the ALICE report such as community health and wellness, quality of life for children, families, and the aging population. and affordable housing.
- African American Resources-Cultural and Heritage Society - Seeking Common Ground: How Two Congregations Confront a Racist Past
- Blessings in a Backpack - Weekend Food for low-income children
- Boys & Girls Club of Frederick County - Madison Club
- Children of Incarcerated Parents Partnership - Sharing Resources for Families
- City Youth Matrix - Expansion of Service
- Empowered to Live, Inc. - Project GUIDE (To Understand and Identify Desired Employment)
- Frederick Community College Foundation - Project Forward Step at FCC
- I Believe In Me Inc. - Educational Support for At-Risk Youth
- Interfaith Housing Alliance - Credit Cafe
- Listen Love Pray Foundation - "Great Life Plan" interactive recovery program at Frederick Rescue Mission
- Mission of Mercy, Inc. - Free medical and dental care for seniors
- Old Line Performing Arts, Inc. - Musical Instrument Procurement
- Seton Center, Inc. - DePaul Dental Program
- Spanish Speaking Community of MD, Inc. - Critical Services Partnership with Frederick County Public Schools
- Student Homelessness Initiative Partnership - New Horizons Academy
- The Phoenix Foundation of Maryland - Transportation for Phoenix Recovery Academy Students
- United Way of Frederick County - The Prosperity Center: Pathways to Financial Stability
Chaired by longtime Rotarian Patricia Hanberry, the Service Partnership Committee included Tiffany Ahalt, Ian Bartman, Jayne Bongard, Dave Bufter,Patti Hagemann, Rachel Mandel, Nancy Newmister, Ellen Pfeiffer, Helen Propheter, and Greg Rausch.
“I am thankful to the to The Rotary Club of Frederick’s Service Partnership Grant Committee for their time and especially the effort they put into making these difficult funding decisions,” said Hanberry. “As well as to the Community Foundation for providing the online and technical support for this entire process.”
Since the launch of the Service Partnership Grants program four years ago, the Rotary Club of Frederick has provided nearly $300,000 in service partnership grants to nonprofits that serve the Frederick community. Learn more about this year’s grant recipients and how to apply for the 2021-22 grants at frederickrotaryclub.org.