NEW YORK (PRWEB) October 12, 2018
In 2018, over 170,000 people in the United States are expected to be diagnosed with blood cancers. 1.Follicular lymphoma is one of the most common forms of slow-growing non-Hodgkin lymphoma, yet it is considered a rare disease.2
Because slow-growing cases have few or no symptoms until the disease progresses, most patients are diagnosed at an advanced stage. What’s more, misdiagnosis of follicular lymphoma can occur, because the symptoms associated with it can resemble the symptoms of other conditions.
Dr. Muhammad “Hassan” Imam, MD, with Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute (FCS) partnered with YourUpdateTV and D S Simon Media to discuss the need to raise awareness of this more rare but serious form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Dr. Imam addressed warning signs of follicular lymphoma that should not go unnoticed and the impact of the disease as it progresses.
During the nationwide television and radio interviews Dr. Imam discussed:
- What non-Hodgkin lymphoma is and what the risk factors for the disease
- How prevalent the disease is and who it affects
- Recent treatment advances in follicular lymphoma
- Why it’s important to talk about follicular lymphoma symptoms and generate awareness among patients and physicians
- Resources where people can go to learn more about non-Hodgkin lymphoma
NOTE: Approved NHL/FL infographic will accompany the release and will be available for download.
1. American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2018. https://www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/research/cancer-facts-and-statistics/annual-cancer-facts-and-figures/2018/cancer-facts-and-figures-2018.pdf. Accessed September 2018.
2. American Cancer Society. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. What is Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma? 2018. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/non-hodgkin-lymphoma/about/what-is-non-hodgkin-lymphoma.html. Accessed September 2018.
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content, produced by award-winning video communications firm, D S Simon Media (http://www.dssimon.com). It includes separate channels for Health and Wellness, Lifestyle, Media and Entertainment, Money and Finance, Social Responsibility, Sports and Technology.