CID trials not only assess the safety and toxicity of novel anticancer medicines but also their efficacy in biomarker-selected patients, specific cancer cohorts or in combination with other agents.
TORONTO (PRWEB) October 15, 2020
This webinar will review a published consensus statement from the British Journal of Cancer (BJC), looking at recommendations for effective delivery of Complex Innovative Design (CID) cancer trials.
The traditional cancer drug development pathway is being superseded by trials that address multiple clinical questions. CID trials not only assess the safety and toxicity of novel anticancer medicines but also their efficacy in biomarker-selected patients, specific cancer cohorts or in combination with other agents. They can be adapted to include new cohorts and test additional agents within a single protocol. Whilst CID trials can speed up the traditional route to drug licensing, they can be challenging to design, conduct and interpret.
This webinar will cover:
- The changing landscape of oncology drug development – safety, toxicity and efficacy in biomarker selected patient cohorts and other agents
- Trial planning & design – stakeholder engagement, engagement with regulators
- Protocol development & structure – identifying adaptations
- Data & databases – defining the end of the trial
- Risk assessment & monitoring – financial and operational, including source data verification
- Trial management – the importance of compliance and communication in managing multiple cohorts from multiple parties
- Statistical considerations – experience and flexibility
Join Sarah Blagden, Associate Professor of Medical Oncology, University of Oxford and Alain Thibault, Chairman, Simbec-Orion Oncology Advisory Board in a live webinar on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 9am EDT (2pm BST/UK).
For more information or to register for this event, visit Time for a Clinical Trial Revolution – Complex Innovative Design (CID) Cancer Trials.
Xtalks, powered by Honeycomb Worldwide Inc., is a leading provider of educational webinars to the global life science, food and medical device community. Every year thousands of industry practitioners (from life science, food and medical device companies, private & academic research institutions, healthcare centers, etc.) turn to Xtalks for access to quality content. Xtalks helps Life Science professionals stay current with industry developments, trends and regulations. Xtalks webinars also provide perspectives on key issues from top industry thought leaders and service providers.