FRESNO, Calif. (PRWEB) May 01, 2020
Today is National Raisin Day and raisin lovers will be celebrating nationwide by snacking, baking and cooking with this little superfruit. Here are just a few of the many reasons why raisins are worth celebrating.
- California raisins are 100% natural since they are dried by the warm California sun so their sweetness comes naturally with no added sugar or juice. Just look at the ingredient list- it says it all: raisins!
- California Raisins are a wonderful snackable whole fruit - only ¼ cup of raisins is equal to a fruit serving which is perfect for healthy eating and snacking.
- California Raisins contain essential nutrients, one quarter (¼) cup serving contains seven (7) percent of your daily value of fiber, six (6) percent of your daily value of potassium and four (4) percent of your daily value of iron.
- Eating California raisins have benefits that help maintain a healthy lifestyle*: studies show that eating raisins may help to sustain energy, control blood sugar and is a wise choice for a healthy heart.
- California Raisins are perfectly on-trend for home baking making it easy to add a nutritious serving of fruit and are a great addition in both sweet and savory dishes. Add them to smoothie bowls, sauces, salads, desserts and more. Check out over 1000 delicious recipes at Calraisins.org
- 100% of California raisins are grown within a 60-mile radius of Fresno in California’s sun-drenched San Joaquin Valley. Your purchase of California Raisins supports over 2,000 family farms.
So, join us today in celebrating raisins and the farmers who grow them. Eat a handful of raisins or bake up your favorite raisin treat today and enjoy the natural sweetness and goodness of this California superfruit!
The California Raisin Marketing Board was created by a State Marketing Order in 1998 and it is 100 percent grower funded. The mission is to create a positive marketing environment within which the industry can collectively expand the worldwide demand for California Raisins. Visit Calraisins.org.
*CV disease and diabetes are caused by various factors.
Bell, Stacey. (2011). Glycemic Index for the Management of Chronic Disease: Why Certain Foods Like Raisin may be Beneficial. The Open Nutrition Journal. 5. 7-12.
 Bays, H., et. al. Raisins and Blood Pressure: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Poster session presented at: American College of Cardiology's 61st Annual Scientific Session; 2012 March 24-27; Chicago, IL.