“Although it might look hard to obtain cheaper car insurance for a teen driver, graduating a defensive driving course or being a good student at school, can help teens save money on their insurance."
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 24, 2020
Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that explains how teen drivers can obtain cheaper car insurance in the United States.
For more info and free car insurance quotes online, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/5-ways-to-get-cheaper-car-insurance-for-teens/
Obtaining cheap insurance for a teen driver can be quite hard. Teen drivers have no previous driving records and statistics show that teen drivers are more likely to cause an accident. For these reasons, insurers charge more on their premiums.
To save money on car insurance, teen drivers can follow the next tips:
- Join a defensive driving course. Teen drivers can save between 10% to 15% of insurance costs if they attend and graduate a defensive driving course. Usually, the defensive course can be taken in a classroom, but streaming the course online is becoming more popular. Graduating this course will help teen drivers pay less on car insurance and also to improve their driving skills.
- Buy a cheap car to insure. Teen drivers should avoid insuring sports cars, muscle cars or exotic vehicles if they want to pay less on insurance. Sedans or family vans that are slightly used and have several safety features installed will help teen drivers save money on car insurance.
- Obtain a good student discount. Many insurers are offering this discount for teen drivers that do well in school. Insurance companies consider that teen drivers that have good grades in school are more responsible and are less likely to be involved in car accidents. To be eligible for this discount, teen drivers need a 3.0 GPA.
- Join a UBI program. Some teens might be worried by the fact that they will be monitored while driving, but by allowing the insurer to install a telematics device inside the vehicle, teen drivers can save a lot on their insurance. Usually, the telematics device will record data about how many miles are driven, time of day when the car is driven, braking, acceleration, speed, cornering, distance traveled. Teen drivers that have good driving habits will obtain a discount
- Compare online quotes. The easiest and the best method that can help teens drivers save money on car insurance is by comparing multiple online car insurance quotes.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.