“Working with a claim adjuster can be challenging. Gather all necessary documents and provide them when asked. Also, remain calm and cooperate with that person”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) October 22, 2020
After being notified about the incident involving its client(s), the insurance company will dispatch a team of experts to evaluate the damage, the car repair costs and how much money will be spent to settle the claim When dealing with claim adjusters it is important to remember that they work for the company.
Here are a few tips on how to work with claim adjusters:
- Have all documents prepared. It is important to have everything organized and all papers and photos ready for inspection. The policyholder must gather all medical records, medical bills and repair bills and provide them when asked by claim adjusters. Having photos taken immediately after the accident may strengthen the policyholder’s claim. Furthermore, prepare a copy after the police report. The claim adjuster will compare all the given information and extrapolate the useful info.
- Have in mind a minimum claim settlement sum. Consider a minimum settlement before negotiations. Use the medical and car repair receipts to determine this sum. Also take into consideration lost wages resulting from the accident - how much money is lost, past, present, and future, as a result of the injury. In some states this is called” lost earning capacity”.
- Offer the claim settlement proposal to the adjuster. When negotiations start, back that sum of money with arguments. The policyholder must provide receipts, police reports, pictures, medical reports, etc.
- Do not accept low offers. Claim adjusters work for insurance companies. It’s their job to minimize the financial losses of the company. So they will initially provide a very low offer. This is a common tactic and it is used to see how the policyholder reacts.
- Be cooperative during negotiations. Even though the initial offer was really low, stay calm and professional. Provide arguments and gradually reach a compromise. Provide extra documents and photos when required.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, please visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org.