London, UK (PRWEB UK) 1 August 2013 -- The IDF is an umbrella organization of over 200 national diabetes associations in over 160 countries, whose mission is to promote diabetes care, prevention and a cure worldwide.
The media agreement will mean enhanced exposure of touchENDOCRINOLOGYs online portal as well as the portfolio of peer-reviewed journals made up of concise, cutting-edge reviews, written by some of the most respected physicians in the world. The topics are governed by an independent Editorial Board of key opinion leaders, including Prof. Jean-Claude Mbanya, Immediate Past President of the IDF, Dr. Martin Silink, Past President of the IDF and Dr. Linda Siminerio, formerly Senior Vice President of the IDF, as part of their on-going commitment to help educate physicians on the latest developments in the treatments of Diabetes.
Barney Kent, Managing Director of Touch Medical Media, said: “Multiple product launches have been planned for 2013 such as videos and podcasts, to ensure the most engaging free-to-access content is being made available. This agreement with the IDF will give our peer-reviewed content a greater level of exposure globally and continue to enable time-pressured physicians to stay abreast of key advances and opinion in diabetes practice.”
All articles published in the journals are free-to-access online as well as in print, at touchENDOCRINOLOGY.com. The website also now contains a host of rich media including some of the latest video presentations from key thought leaders, including messages from the new IDF President, Sir Michael Hirst and Honorary President Prof. Paul Zimmet. Physicians can also subscribe to the monthly Scientific eNewsletter, which showcases the latest articles and videos from touchENDOCRINOLOGY.
The journals will also be distributed at the World Diabetes Congress, which is in Melbourne, Australia this year from 2-6 December. Today, more than a third of all people with diabetes are found in the Western Pacific Region. It is also the region that has the highest number of undiagnosed cases and the highest number of deaths attributable to diabetes. Melbourne's location also makes the congress easily accessible to delegates from China and India, the two countries with the highest numbers of people with diabetes in the world.
Note to Editors
- touchENDOCRINOLOGY (a division of Touch Medical Media) provides independent, cutting-edge, peer-reviewed content from world renowned physicians, designed to lead the debate on health and to engage, inform, and support physicians in improving patient outcomes globally.
- touchENDOCRINOLOGY.com provides an international platform for peer-reviewed content from industry-leading journals alongside other carefully selected sources and aims to support physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity within the field of diabetes.
- Our portfolio of peer-reviewed journals, European Endocrinology and US Endocrinology comprise of concise review articles which are designed to keep busy physicians up-to-date with the latest developments in their field and serve as a key reference resource for the international diabetes community.
- International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an umbrella organization of over 200 national diabetes associations in over 160 countries. It represents the interests of the growing number of people with diabetes and those at risk. The Federation has been leading the global diabetes community since 1950. IDF’s mission is to promote diabetes care, prevention and a cure worldwide.
- Led by the International Diabetes Federation, the Unite for Diabetes campaign secured a United Nations Resolution on diabetes in December 2006. The Federation continues to lead the global effort to implement Resolution 61/225 under the Unite for Diabetes banner. The Resolution encourages UN Member States to develop national policies for the prevention, treatment and care of diabetes in line with the sustainable development of their health-care systems, taking into account the internationally agreed development goals, including the Millennium Development Goals.
- Touch Medical Media
Barney Kent, Managing Director
Tel: +44 207 399 009
International Diabetes Federation (IDF)
Sara Webber, Media & PR Coordinator
Barney Kent, Managing Director, Touch Medical Media, http://www.touchendocrinology.com, +442071933009, [email protected]
SOURCE Touch Medical Media