“We are grateful for the service and experiences military students bring to Trident. It is our hope that this scholarship can provide more opportunities for these men and women to work towards their academic goals.” - Travis Allen, Senior Vice President, Trident
CHANDLER, Ariz. (PRWEB) November 02, 2021
Trident University International (Trident) is pleased to announce updates to its Military Success Scholarship (MSS) for bachelor’s students.
First introduced in 2017 to support Trident’s active duty population, the MSS is designed to help students who have exhausted their annual military tuition assistance benefits. The University has expanded the number of courses the scholarship can be applied to annually for eligible bachelor’s students from four to six courses.
Students utilizing this scholarship program can reduce their cost per credit hour by 50% for up to six courses after exhausting their tuition assistance benefits within the same military fiscal year.
“We are grateful for the service and experiences military students bring to Trident,” stated Travis Allen, Senior Vice President, Trident. “It is our hope that this scholarship can provide more opportunities for these men and women to work towards their academic goals.”
Trident’s student and alumni community, numbering over 32,000, includes talented men and women from all over the world - including over 27,000 with a military affiliation. The University stands out among military-centric colleges because of its unwavering commitment to supporting military and veteran populations, showing their support through philanthropic activities, such as volunteering to help local military families in need. In 2019, the city of Cypress recognized the University for their positive efforts within the local community.
- Students currently serving U.S. Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members who are currently enrolled in a Trident undergraduate program.
- Meet Trident admission requirements and successfully complete courses taken prior to first MSS awarded course. Successful completion is defined as receiving a passing grade per the University Catalog requirements.
- Utilize all Military TA Benefits at Trident, unless transferring from another institution in which case students would need to complete a minimum of two courses at Trident and utilize their remaining Military TA benefits.
- Meet and maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout the program.
- Students on an approved Leave of Absence, which runs through to the new military fiscal year, will not be eligible for scholarship from the previous military fiscal year.
- Scholarship amount does not apply to repeated courses within the FY22 fiscal year.
Visit Trident’s website to learn more about its Military Success Scholarship and see full eligibility requirements.
About Trident University International
Founded in 1998, Trident University International is a member of the American InterContinental University System, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org). Trident uses the EdActive™ learning approach, which employs case-based learning in an online setting to teach real-world relevant critical thinking skills designed to enhance the lives and education of students. Trident offers quality associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs and certificates, led by a qualified faculty team, over 80% of whom have doctoral degrees. Trident has over 32,000 alumni, of which more than 27,000 have a military affiliation, and has received acknowledgements from Washington Monthly, Military Times, and Military Advanced Education & Transition for their dedication to student success. Visit http://www.trident.edu or call at (855) 290-0290 to learn more about Trident's wide range of educational options.