Along with ease of monitoring, the compact form factor of the new units makes them ideal for applications such as home theater, desktop PCs, gaming PCs, wireless networks, security systems, small-business phone systems and kiosks
CHICAGO (PRWEB) October 31, 2019
Tripp Lite, a global manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, has introduced five new UPS systems in its OmniVS series with LCD touchscreens to enable easy local monitoring of UPS status and power conditions.
Along with ease of monitoring, the compact form factor of the new units makes them ideal for applications such as home theater, desktop PCs, gaming PCs, wireless networks, security systems, small-business phone systems and kiosks. They are available with output capacities ranging from 800VA/475W to 1440VA/940W. Select models support expandable runtime with the addition of an optional external battery pack.
“Two unique features make these new UPS systems especially appealing for in-home applications, such as home theater or in a home office,” said Rusty Scioscia, Tripp Lite’s Single-Phase UPS Product Manager. “First, the lighting for the LCD panel turns off when not in use, eliminating a potential distraction for the user. Second, the nuisance-free alarm remains silent in normal conditions, sounding only when imperative.”
The new OmniVS systems also include automatic voltage regulation (AVR) to protect equipment and data from brownouts and overvoltages without using battery power, keeping the battery fully charged for outages and extending battery lifespan. A USB port enables communication with a connected computer for remote monitoring and graceful shutdown in the event of a power failure. Select models also have a DB9 port for connection to devices, such as point-of-sale equipment and casino gaming machines.
Key Features of Tripp Lite’s New OmniVS UPS Systems
- Compact footprint suitable for use with home theater installations, desktop and gaming PCs, wireless networks, security systems, small-business phone systems and point-of-sale kiosks
- AVR to protect against fluctuating voltages
- LCD touchscreen for local monitoring of UPS and power conditions; the touchscreen’s light turns off when not in use
- USB communication port for remote monitoring and shutdowns; select models also have a DB9 serial port
- Home-friendly alarm remains silent in backup mode, sounding only to report low battery, replace battery, overload and fault conditions
- Battery-independent restart for automatic UPS power-up without user interaction after lengthy power outages
The new UPS systems join Tripp Lite’s already-robust selection of backup power solutions. Get more information about Tripp Lite’s full line of UPS systems at tripplite.com.