Along with the Recreate Responsibly Coalition, our efforts focus on educating travelers on the best way to safely enjoy destinations across the Tennessee River Valley region and help slow the spread of COVID-19 by providing practical and common sense advice for enjoying outdoor recreation.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (PRWEB) February 24, 2021
The TRV Stewardship Council has joined the Recreate Responsibly Coalition, an active partnership of nearly 1,000 nonprofits, land managers and outdoor businesses developing and sharing best practices to protect each other and the many natural landscapes found across the United States and internationally.
“The Tennessee River Valley is home to vibrant river cites, scenic trails, lakes, waterfalls and large tracts of recreational lands that have become popular destinations during the pandemic. With more people visiting and experiencing nature, it is important that we all strive to keep each other and our outdoor spaces safe and healthy. Along with the Recreate Responsibly Coalition, our efforts focus on educating travelers on the best way to safely enjoy destinations across the Tennessee River Valley region and help slow the spread of COVID-19 by providing practical and common sense advice for enjoying outdoor recreation during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Julie Graham, spokesperson for the TRV Stewardship Council.
The Recreate Responsibly initiative is designed to limit new COVID-19 outbreaks and ensure public lands and waters can remain open to the public by providing clear, consistent guidance for individuals, families and communities. Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, state and local public health guidelines and recreation experts, the Recreate Responsibly Coalition guidelines are:
- Know Before You Go - Check the status of the place you want to visit. If it is closed, don’t go. If it’s crowded, have a backup plan.
- Plan Ahead - Prepare for facilities to be closed, pack lunch and bring essentials like hand sanitizer and a face covering.
- Explore Locally - Limit long-distance travel and make use of local parks, trails and public spaces. Be mindful of your impact on the communities you visit.
- Practice Physical Distancing - Keep your group size small. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space. If you are sick, stay home.
- Play It Safe - Slow down and choose lower-risk activities to reduce your risk of injury. Search and rescue operations and health care resources are both strained.
- Leave No Trace - Respect public lands and waters, native and local communities, and private property. Take all your garbage with you.
- Build an Inclusive Outdoors - Be an active part of making the outdoors safe and welcoming for all identities and abilities.
Messaging for Recreate Responsibly and the Tennessee River Valley will be delivered to audiences through a variety of mediums including social media using #RecreateResponsibly.
For more information on the Recreate Responsibly Coalition, visit https://www.recreateresponsibly.org/.
For more information about the TRV Stewardship Council, visit https://www.trvstewardshipcouncil.org/.