NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 02, 2020
TVision, the company measuring TV’s transformation, today announced it secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments, an affiliate of Susquehanna International Group (SIG), a privately held global trading and technology firm. Existing investors, including Accomplice, Golden Ventures, Jump Capital and others also participated. TVision has now raised more than $39 million in total funding.
The TV industry is experiencing a rapid transformational shift spurred by technology, innovation and creativity and accelerated by the pandemic which is changing how TV content is consumed. At the same time, advertisers are increasingly demanding more transparency and accountability for their media investments. TVision exists at the intersection of these transformations, providing the next-generation measurement that the industry requires.
“TVision is best equipped to measure the TV industry during this period of rapid evolution,” explains Ye Li, Investment Manager at SIG. “Their attention and viewability data, and streaming analytics are in demand from advertisers, media sellers and agencies seeking to appropriately measure and value TV today.”
Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms including Pepsi, Anheuser-Busch, Hulu, AMC and Dentsu Aegis Network, rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data. In June, The Attention Council reported that 93% of marketing professionals believe that attention will augment or replace existing measurement in the near future. To keep pace with industry leaders, advertising buyers and sellers are increasingly turning to TVision’s metrics. As a result, TVision is reporting breakout growth and significant momentum.
- TVision’s new CTV Ad platform is the only solution on the market for measuring ad attention across major streaming platforms, second-by-second, person-by-person and at the programming level.
- TVision’s data-set now allows TV measurement companies to go beyond household-measurement to person-level data, powering far more insightful and exact measurement of ad reach and opportunity.
- A recent partnership with Oracle Data Cloud’s Moat enables the cross-platform ad measurement that marketers require to build effective, high-value campaigns.
“TV viewing is rapidly changing. The TV industry is evolving just as quickly, with a heavy emphasis placed on improving TV measurement,” explains Yan Liu, CEO and Co-founder of TVision. “TVision is uniquely positioned to provide advertisers, networks, streaming platforms, content creators, and measurement firms with the data and analytics required to succeed in a transformed TV environment. Our atomic-level TV viewing and engagement data gives our clients and partners the means to out-perform the industry.”
The funds raised will support rapid growth at TVision, including investments in sales, marketing, research and development to further expand the TVision set of services.
Industry Veterans Bring their Expertise to TVision’s Team of Advisors
An exceptional group of TV, CTV and advertising industry experts, including David Cohen, CEO of IAB and James Rooke, general manager of Effectv, work with TVision as part of the company’s Advisory Panel. These leaders recognize the value TVision’s data brings to TV advertising planning and measurement, and they provide guidance and leadership as TVision expands its services and offerings to the industry. New TVision Advisors include:
- Rishad Tobaccowala, the well-known author, advisor and educator, is a marketing expert with decades of experience using emerging technologies to innovate marketing practices.
- Andy Brown, a TV industry veteran who was most recently CEO of the Media Division at Kantar.
- Michael Rubenstein, an Internet entrepreneur and executive who led successful industry pioneers, AppNexus and DoubleClick.
"Almost every aspect of the multi-billion-dollar TV industry is in the throes of change, from the way it is measured to the way it is bought and sold. TVision is a key driver of moving the industry into the future by delivering a more data-driven analysis of advertising effectiveness. This is creating many new opportunities for brands to optimize their TV strategies in ways similar to their digital investments," says Rishad Tobaccowala.
TVision measures who watches TV and how much attention they pay at the person-level to linear and streaming video. Marketers at some of the world’s largest brands, and premiere Media Sellers and Data Partners leverage TVision’s metrics to make more effective media decisions. TVision is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Boston and Tokyo.