Award-Winning College Safety App to Donate Proceeds to Participating Partners
PACIFIC PALISADES, Calif. (PRWEB) August 28, 2018
Umergency™ is giving back. The all-in-one safety app that prepares college families for any crisis, health or safety situation is donating portions of its proceeds to participating partners as part of Umergency’s “give back” program.
Just in time for back-to-school, Umergency will contribute 10 percent of sales it receives from app downloads to colleges, organizations and associations enrolled in the program to help support their cause-related initiatives.
Participating partners receive a customizable promo code, as well as a communications tool kit for marketing the Umergency app to their respective constituencies. Proceeds generated from app downloads using the special promo code will be returned to the participating partner organization.
“Whether you’re a college or university looking to support a scholarship, or fundraising for an organization, our give back program is a fantastic way to promote campus safety among college students and their parents, while helping our partners achieve their goals,” said Gail Schenbaum, Umergency’s co-founder.
Available for download in the App Store and Google Play, Umergency provides a variety of accessible on- and off-campus resources, including an:
- Urgent Alert beacon with the student’s GPS location that notifies parents and trusted contacts when immediate help is needed;
- “I am safe” function that alerts contacts when a student is okay;
- Digital medical consent form, granting families the ability to speak with medical professionals; and
- Insurance card upload and share function.
Additional features the Umergency app provide:
- Pre-populated local and on-campus emergency resource contacts customized to each college or university, including police, fire, ER, and urgent care personnel, health centers, psychological and other after-hours services hotlines;
- Built-in access to three of the most used national crisis hotlines, including suicide, sexual assault and poison control;
- Access to data by both students and parents;
- Ability for students to decide what to share and with whom; and
- Privacy protected data and information.
Umergency is free for college students in the U.S. Parents, family members and other non-student users can subscribe for only $9.99/year or $19.99 for lifetime access.
Umergency is an emergency, health and safety app designed for college students and their families. The local and on-campus information comes pre-populated and is specific to each student’s campus, while the user-entered data is unique to each student and allows them to decide what to share and with whom. An Urgent Alert beacon notifies trusted contacts when immediate help is needed, along with the student’s GPS location. Additional features include the ability to upload and share a secure copy of the student’s health insurance card, and a digital medical consent form which can allow the student’s trusted friends and family to speak with medical personnel.