WASHINGTON (PRWEB) March 04, 2021
WASHINGTON – The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for 2021 American Eagle Gold Proof Coins on March 11 at noon EST. This is the last year these coins will be offered with the current designs.
American Eagle Gold Proof Coins are collector versions of the official United States Mint American Eagle Gold Bullion Coins. Struck in 22-karat gold at the West Point Mint, the coin’s obverse (heads) features a version of Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. Its reverse (tails) features a male eagle carrying an olive branch, flying above a nest containing a female eagle and eaglets. Available product options are below.
- PRODUCT CODE: 21EB, PRODUCT OPTION: One Ounce Coin, PRODUCT LIMIT: 4,500, MINTAGE LIMIT: 12,700
- PRODUCT CODE: 21EC, PRODUCT OPTION: One-Half Ounce Coin, PRODUCT LIMIT: 1,600, MINTAGE LIMIT: 9,800
- PRODUCT CODE: 21ED, PRODUCT OPTION: One-Quarter Ounce Coin, PRODUCT LIMIT: 2,700, MINTAGE LIMIT: 10,900
- PRODUCT CODE: 21EE, PRODUCT OPTION: One-Tenth Ounce Coin, PRODUCT LIMIT: 8,000, MINTAGE LIMIT: 16,200
- PRODUCT CODE: 21EF, PRODUCT OPTION: Four-Coin Set, PRODUCT LIMIT: 8,200, MINTAGE LIMIT: N/A
The product limit is the total available for a product option, while the mintage limit represents the total coins produced for each denomination, including those contained in the four-coin set.
All product options are packaged in a satin-lined burgundy velvet presentation case that is housed inside a burgundy outer box. All options include a Certificate of Authenticity.
American Eagle Gold Proof Coins are priced according to the range in which they appear on the Mint’s Pricing of Numismatic Gold, Commemorative Gold, and Platinum and Palladium Products table. Current pricing information is available at: https://catalog.usmint.gov/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-usm-site-catalog-us/default/dw48d354aa/images/PDFs/2021-Pricing-Grid.pdf.
Orders are limited to one per household for the first 24 hours of sales. To sign up for Remind Me alerts, visit:
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-ounce-gold-proof-coin-21EB.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule (product code 21EB)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-half-ounce-gold-proof-coin-21EC.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule (product code 21EC)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-quarter-ounce-gold-proof-coin-21ED.html?cgid=2021-product-schedul e (product code 21ED)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-tenth-ounce-gold-proof-coin-21EE.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule (product code 21EE)
- https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-gold-proof-four-coin-set-21EF.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule (product code 21EF)
To mark the 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle Coin Program, the Mint will release American Eagle Gold Coins featuring an exciting new reverse design in the summer of 2021. Check the 2021 Product Schedule at https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2021 for the on-sale date when available.
To learn more about our 2021 American Eagle Coin Program, visit: https://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-programs/american-eagle/?cm_sp=ST5-_-aegoldcombo-aelp-_-081420&scp=AEFLAG#start=1.
About the United States Mint
Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale date of March 11, 2021, at noon EST.
To reduce the risk of employee exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, the Mint’s sales centers are closed until further notice. Additionally, due to operational adjustments in response to COVID-19, our customer service representatives are available to assist with any questions you may have, but are unable to accept credit card information or place your order over the phone. Please use our website for all order placements at this time.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/american-eagle for more information about American Eagle Gold Proof Coins.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/about for information about the United States Mint.
- Visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html for information on shipping options.
- Visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup to subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, and public statements.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
# # #
United States Mint – Connecting America through Coins