Unmetric’s mission has always been to help brands cut through the noise and get straight to the insights that matter most about their competitors’ content. The outliers feature spotlights the most attention-worthy content in its own visual feed that's easy to follow and react to.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) July 18, 2019
Unmetric, an enterprise solution for branded content analysis and discovery, today announced new outlier detection capabilities that enable digital marketers to easily identify and mine insights from social content that generates significantly higher than average audience interactions across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Outlier detection allows brands to quickly find the insight “needles” in their social data “haystack,” as well as dissect individual posts to understand key engagement drivers.
“Marketers today are data-rich but insight poor—and social media plays a significant part in the ongoing data deluge,” said Lux Narayan, CEO of Unmetric. “Unmetric’s mission has always been to help brands cut through the noise in the battle for mindshare and get straight to the insights that matter most about their competitors’ content. The outliers feature refines this further by taking that universe of social posts from competing brands and spotlighting the most attention-worthy content in its own visual feed that’s easy to follow and react to.”
Unmetric Analyze already features a visual stream of content from a portfolio of brand competitors that marketers select to keep close tabs on. The outliers feature eliminates the need to manually sort or monitor content based on engagement by automatically detecting variances in publishing cadence or surges in audience interactions that fall outside of the norm in terms of standalone metrics (likes, comments, shares, retweets) or proportion of metrics to each other. Unmetric identifies outliers using a proprietary algorithm based on a brand’s content published over the past 12 weeks.
Key Outliers Insights
- Post or Tweet Storm: Flags a brand posting multiple times to Facebook or Instagram or tweeting in a short period of time.
- Post or Tweet Surprise: Flags a brand publishing content on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter after a significant amount of time of silence.
- Engagement Surge: Flags content that receives a massive increase in likes, comments, shares or retweets compared to all posts the brand published in the past 12 weeks.
- Engagement Proportion: Flags content that receives a disproportionate number of any engagement metric (likes, comments, shares, retweets) compared to any other engagement metric (e.g. a post got 17 times more shares than likes).
Key Outliers Benefits
- Boost Competitive Content Intelligence: Quickly identify and mine competitive intelligence on outlier content that may normally get missed in a larger content feed.
- Accelerate Content & Campaign Ideation: Derive creative inspiration for future content and campaigns based on strategies and tactics that drive massive audience interaction.
- Identify Trends: Uncover visual or topical trends per industry vertical that are garnering significant engagement compared to normal.
- Detect Possible Issues Early: Unearth and investigate a possible unfolding social media crisis through outliers such as a comment surge.
The new Outliers feature is available to all users of Unmetric Analyze. For more details about Outliers visit here. To learn more about how Unmetric can help your brand get faster reporting, better engagement and more certainty for your social strategy, visit unmetric.com.
Unmetric helps brands and agencies get better engagement, more certainty, and faster reporting on their social media efforts. The company’s enterprise platform enables digital marketers to research, plan and optimize branded social content, and analysts to report on learnings to create more engaging content. Hundreds of global brands and digital agencies including Away, General Motors, Merck, FleishmanHillard, GroupM, and Edelman use Unmetric’s AI-powered insights from the owned channels of over 100,000 qualified brands across more than 30 sectors on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Founded in 2011, Unmetric is headquartered in New York City with offices in Chennai, India and the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.unmetric.com.