“I am excited to be joined this year by other prominent industry professionals to promote the importance of airflow management and help educate the industry on the associated economic and environmental benefits.” - Lars Strong
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (PRWEB) May 16, 2019
Upsite Technologies, the global leader in data center airflow management and cooling optimization solutions, today announced that it will be hosting its 4th annual Airflow Management Awareness Month.
In an effort to increase awareness of the benefits of proper data center airflow management, Upsite Technologies declared June as Airflow Management Awareness Month in 2015. Each year’s events, which have consisted of four educational webinars, have been met with overwhelming support from the industry. This year, Upsite has tapped some of the industry’s biggest names to participate in the webinar series to provide education on topics surrounding data center operations and cooling optimization, and how they can contribute to highly efficient facilities. Below is the complete line-up of webinars that Upsite will be hosting during this year’s Airflow Management Awareness Month:
- June 4th – For Most Data Centers, Liquid and Air Cooling Will Not be Mutually Exclusive
- Presenter: Lars Strong, P.E., Senior Engineer and Company Science Office, Upsite Technologies
- June 11th – The State of the Data Center Industry – Annual Report
- Presenter: Bill Kleyman, Executive Vice President of Digital Solutions, Switch
- June 18th – Thermal Control Strategies for Reliable and Energy-Efficient Data Centers
- Presenter: Aaron P. Wemhoff, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Director, Villanova University Site of the Center for Energy-Smart Electronic Systems
- Co-presenter: Rehan Khalid, Trainee Engineer, Mott MacDonald Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd.
- June 25th – Can Your Data Center Become Energy Efficient?
- Presenter: Kevin Kent, Data Center Operations Manager, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
“The proper implementation of airflow management solutions can have a dramatic and long-lasting effect on data center energy usage,” said Lars Strong. “I am excited to be joined this year by other prominent industry professionals to promote the importance of airflow management and help educate the industry on the associated economic and environmental benefits,” Strong added.
The four webinars are free for anyone to attend. You can register for each one by visiting Upsite’s official Airflow Management Awareness Month page.
About Upsite Technologies
Upsite Technologies® is the industry leader in data center airflow management and cooling optimization. Upsite provides a full suite of products and services designed to optimize data center cooling systems, allowing managers to maximize cooling capacity while reducing energy costs. Upsite distributes its award-winning line of services and products, including KoldLok®, HotLok®, and AisleLok®, through leading channel partners in the data center industry throughout the United States, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Upsite Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2001 by Ken Brill, creator of the Uptime Institute, and in 2018, was acquired by Aquila, Inc., an employee-owned technology firm with over 35 years of experience in IT related services. The company is since officially Upsite Technologies, a division of Aquila.