"During times of uncertainty, when manual, paper-based processes carry a higher risk of disruption, businesses can trust our solutions to manage bills for essentials like electricity and water."
ATLANTA (PRWEB) April 22, 2020
Urjanet, Inc, the leader in utility data aggregation, today announced the launch of Fast Track Utility Data Automation, an easier way for companies to shift from manual bill collection processes to an automated, cloud-based workflow, supporting enterprise business continuity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Data automation is a challenge for most companies, even without the complication of remote work and business disruption from pandemics or natural disasters. With 55% of invoices still received manually, reliance on paper-based processes to support business operations represents a significant threat to business continuity.
Fast Track Utility Data Automation helps companies make an immediate transition to automated, touchless workflows for utility bills that can easily be managed by remote teams:
- Setup is quick: Online utility account setup and custom integration services make it easy to transition from manual processes to automation without staff onsite.
- Automation is driven by technology: With more than $12 billion in recurring utility spend processed each year, the Urjanet Utility Data Platform automates utility bill collection and data extraction directly from utility and telecom providers across the globe.
- Data delivery is ensured: Managed services ensure continuity of utility data delivery even in the face of utility website changes.
“Urjanet’s cloud-based platform and rapid rollout of our own business continuity plans across our global offices has enabled us to operate seamlessly during this time of global business disruption,” said Sanjoy Malik, CEO of Urjanet. “Many businesses have not yet made the transition to a digital workflow, so we have introduced Fast Track Utility Data Automation to help our customers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to stay up and running.”
Leading AP Automation, Energy Management, Sustainability Reporting, and Utility Bill Management companies have been able to ensure stable business operations for their customers using Urjanet’s Fast Track Utility Data Automation:
- "By partnering with Urjanet, AvidXchange receives utility invoices with greater speed and accuracy than traditional delivery methods,” said Michael Praeger, Co-Founder and CEO of AvidXchange. “During times of uncertainty, when manual, paper-based processes carry a higher risk of disruption, businesses can trust our solutions to manage bills for essentials like electricity and water.”
- “While many day-to-day operations have been disrupted due to COVID-19, our partnership with Urjanet and delivery of data and invoice images through our watchwire SaaS platform enables our clients to continue their energy management activities remotely without interruption,” said Andy Anderson, Managing Director and Partner at EnergyWatch.
- “Urjanet keeps THG’s automated utility data feed running 24/7/365 for tens of thousands of locations across the U.S.,” said Daniel Frey, President of THG Energy Solutions. THG customers utilize its software platform, Energy Intelligence Suite, for demand response programs, building energy disclosure services, bill processing and payment, and more.
Fast Track Utility Data Automation is available now to all Urjanet customers, as well as other businesses in need of rapid migration to digital utility bill collection amid the disruptions of COVID-19. To learn more about the program, visit https://urjanet.com/utility-bill-business-continuity/.
Urjanet is the world’s leading utility data aggregator, delivering data from more than 6,500 utility, telecom, and cable providers across 47 countries. Urjanet’s cloud-based platform and powerful suite of APIs provide a secure and scalable way for businesses to access utility invoice and interval data for energy management, sustainability reporting, AP automation, and bill payment. To learn more, visit Urjanet.com