AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) January 28, 2019
Those dreaming of swapping their itchy winter wool for something scant and summery may be in for the trip of their lives. VRBO® — the website where you can rent vacation homes, cabins and condos — is offering a chance to win a vacation on a private island along with seven family members, besties or both.
VRBO’s Win the Island Sweepstakes, open through Feb. 28, 2019, comes with a stay on Kanu Island, a private isle complete with an ultra-luxe, ultra-large retreat off the coast of Placencia, Belize. Kanu Island is exclusively listed on VRBO.com and newly available to rent starting this summer. VRBO partnered with Vision Properties Belize to offer the ultimate prize package, which includes a $5,000 travel stipend; a weeklong stay in the island's five beach homes; 360-degree ocean views; a private chef, personal concierge and massage therapist; and acres of blissfully quiet beachfront all to enjoy with nary a stranger in sight.
The sweepstakes rings in VRBO’s Year of the Group Getaway. A recent survey, conducted by Ipsos for VRBO, found that nearly half (44 percent) of Americans who traveled in 2018/plan to travel in 2019 will travel in groups with four or more people this year — and one-third (30 percent) of those respondents are going even bigger by traveling with seven people or more. What’s more, VRBO’s website and app data revealed that demand for bigger rental properties like castles and estates rose by 55 percent and 25 percent, respectively, over a recent 12-month period.
“When we saw how many people were planning to travel in large groups this year, we could think of no better way to celebrate than by giving away the ultimate in group getaways,” said Melanie Fish, VRBO’s travel expert. “While an island may sound out of reach, it’s surprising how supersized accommodations like these can lower the rental cost per person dramatically, so you and your crew can stay in style without over-spending.”
To make it easy for travelers to plan a getaway for their crew, VRBO developed its own 2019 Group Getaway Collection: 20 larger-than-life properties ideal for group travel, with castles and private islands included.
Homes in the collection include:
- The Enclave on Placencia Caye (Placencia, Belize): Those who don’t win the island can rent one of their own! Seven private suites offer sweeping sea views, a chef, and concierge for a true taste of luxury. (sleeps 28 at $2,925 per night/$105 per guest).
- Little Harvest Caye (Stann Creek, Belize): If one island isn’t enough, Little Harvest Caye offers five similarly situated private suites specifically laid out to take advantage of the amazing sea and mountain views. But get it while you can — this island books up fast! (sleeps 14 at $2,100 per night/$150 per guest)
- The Gallery Loft (Nashville, Tenn.): Perfect for art lovers, this colorful loft is located in the Historic Printers Alley district, home to a bustling nightlife complete with great food and live music. Plus with an outdoor patio and pool table, there will be no shortage of fun for those nights spent in. (sleeps 12 at $1,408 per night/$118 per guest)
- Chateau de la Paix(Mosles, France): Close to Omaha Beach in Normandy, this 19th-century chateau offers old-world glamour with new-age comforts like a swimming pool, pool table and gym. (sleeps 15 at $726 per night/$49 per guest)
- Charleston Charmer(Charleston, S.C.): With two kitchens, eight bedrooms and two levels of porches, this adorably decorated home is the perfect pad to come home to after a day exploring Chucktown. (sleeps 20 at $721 per night/$37 per guest)
- Villa Elena (Conca dei Marini, Italy): Near the Amalfi Coast, this villa is ideal for groups looking to enjoy a true paradise with views of the Mediterranean Sea, panoramic terraces and a pool surrounded by lush green gardens. (sleeps 17 at $573 per night/$34 per guest)
To read full terms and conditions and enter for your chance to win, visit http://www.vrbo.com/wintheisland.
 January 2019 Ipsos survey commissioned by VRBO with 1,067 respondents ages 18–34
 VRBO vacation rental demand, September 1, 2016- August 31, 2017 vs. September 1, 2017-August 31, 2018.
VRBO is part of the HomeAway® family. HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is a leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry with sites representing more than two million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia Group family of brands. For more information, please visit http://www.homeaway.com.
© 2019 HomeAway. All rights reserved. VRBO and HomeAway are trademarks of HomeAway. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
About the Win the Island Sweepstakes:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, D.C. AND PUERTO RICO, 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes entry period begins January 28, 2019, and ends February 28, 2019. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit http://www.vrbo.com/wintheisland. Sponsor: HomeAway.com, Inc., 1011 W. Fifth Street, Suite 300, Austin, Texas 78703.
About Vision Properties Belize
Vision Properties Belize specializes in starting with raw land and managing the design, construction, finish and management process to create high-end profitable properties; complete with interior designer, selected layouts and finishes that accentuate the relaxing pace of life in Placencia and upholds the highest standards of luxury for our owners and guests. Vision Properties manages several dedicated construction teams, trained to U.S. building and safety standards, with the ability to deliver a turn-key concrete luxury home in as little as six months.