Wallarm partnered up with Colorado-based Section to utilize its modular Edge Compute Platform, CDN, and global coverage.
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) October 22, 2020
Wallarm launches a first-in-its-class Cloud Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) with full support of API technologies including REST, SOAP, WebSocket, graphQL and gRPC.
Most CDN vendors have basic WAF capabilities and lack API protection, which makes a whole set of assets unprotected. A recent report published by Gartner found that, "by 2023, over 50% of B2B transactions will be performed through real-time APIs versus traditional approaches." APIs are the new apps and a new target for attackers.
“With Wallarm Cloud WAF, you can now gain protection across a full portfolio of your applications, APIs, and serverless workloads without any agent installation at all”, adds Ivan Novikov, Co-Founder and CEO of Wallarm. Wallarm’s Deep API Request enables API protection for any API that is built with REST/SOAP/graphQL/gRPC without prior configuration or uploading API specs.
Typically Wallarm customers deploy Wallarm nodes in their infrastructure with a variety of deployment options. With a new cloud offering, Wallarm Filter Nodes are now distributed across the globe to provide protection right at the edge without any required installation from the customer’s side. To make it happen, Wallarm partnered up with Colorado-based Section to utilize its modular Edge Compute Platform, CDN, and global coverage.
"Section is proud to power Wallarm's Cloud WAF solution. By enabling faster deployment and extended application and API protection at the Edge, Wallarm takes AppSec to the next level, backed by the speed, scale and Edge deployment flexibility of Section." - Stewart McGrath, Co-Founder & CEO, Section.
Key capabilities of the joint solution include:
- Robust protection for the entire application portfolio. Mitigate threats against OWASP Top 10 threats, business logic abuse, bad bots, account takeover (ATO), and more.
- API protection that no other WAF can provide. Ready for the CI/CD. Doesn’t rely on the API specs as in case of other solutions.
- Quick integrations. Setup cross-team workloads via your existing DevOps and security toolchain (SOARs, SIEMs). Setup triggers and noise-free alerts in Slack and other messengers, PagerDuty, and more.
- Blocking mode and compliance with no hassle. Forget issues with false positives.Wallarm’s new libDetection and core signature-less attack detection provide low false positives from day one.
- Unparalleled visibility into malicious traffic. Gain full insight about attacks and attackers in the responsive Wallarm Console. Enjoy the Dashboard, reach search, and reporting capabilities.
- Automated Incident Response. Reduce manual analysis and noise level. Automated Threat Verification can dissect potentially harmful attacks from millions of random scans and report vulnerabilities.
Built by security practitioners for practitioners, Wallarm products provide robust protection for APIs, apps, and serverless workloads running in cloud-native environments. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams chose Wallarm to get unique visibility into malicious traffic, robust protection across the whole application portfolio, and automated incident response for appsec programs. The company is committed to supporting modern tech stacks, offering dozens of deployment options in cloud and Kubernetes-based environments, and also provides a full cloud solution. Founded in 2014, Wallarm is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and is backed by Toba Capital, Y Сombinator, Partech, Runa Capital, and other investors.
Section was founded in Sydney, Australia in 2012 and moved its headquarters to Boulder, CO in 2016. It is backed by a group of top-shelf venture capital firms led by the Foundry Group. Section’s Edge Compute Platform enables PaaS, SaaS, and application builders to accelerate their path to Edge. By removing the burdens associated with infrastructure provisioning, workload orchestration, scaling, monitoring, and traffic routing, Section helps innovators quickly and easily move their services closer to their end users so they can cost-effectively deliver faster and more secure digital experiences. Secion’s dynamic functionality is one of the many reasons why Wallarm is a proud partner of Section.