The best way to manage mold is to prevent it.
PASO ROBLES, Calif. (PRWEB) October 27, 2020
Mold spores are everywhere and the best way to prevent them growing into mold is to manage the environments that feed the spores. The SERVPRO of Atascadero/Paso Robles water damage experts have prepared a report to help prevent and manage mold growth.
Mold and mold spores are part of nature and have role in the environment. Mold helps break down decaying vegetation and wood and enrich natural soils. Mold, however, does not have much control over its appetite and eats anything organic, including fabric, upholstery, flooring, walls and supporting structures. Mold even attacks masonry.
Even though mold is part of nature, its presence can pose a health hazard in some circumstances. People with respiratory issues such as asthma can have adverse reactions to mold. The dreaded black mold is known to cause severe reactions even in healthy people.
The best way to manage mold is to prevent it. When mold does appear in small amounts, such as on kitchen tile or in the shower, it is usually cleaned up with household cleaners that are specifically formulated for mold. Experts in repairing mold damage, such as SERVPRO of Atascadero/Paso Robles may have better recommendations.
Regular inspections are one way to help prevent mold and to also find mold before it becomes a problem.
Areas to inspect include:
- Showers and around bathtubs
- Laundry areas
- Any place that creates damp or steamy environments such as a hot tub
- Furniture against walls, especially in damper climates can hide mold
- Check for leaky pipes and faucets, inside and outside
- Check for roof damage that can leak
- Make sure landscape watering does not pool around building foundations
- Keep debris, grass cuttings, fallen leaves and landscaping that requires heavy watering away from building foundations
- Making repairs as soon as possible can prevent serious water and mold damage.
Cleaning up small amounts of mold yourself, using the appropriate solution, can also help prevent mold from spreading. Mold that grows on walls, around baseboards, or under cabinets is a sign of a deeper problem that needs the attention of experts.
SERVPRO of Atascadero/Paso Robles will inspect for water damage and the associated mold damage. The team uses state-of-the-art drying equipment to dry up the water damage and remediate mold damage. The sooner water and mold damage are addressed the better your chances of avoiding expensive repairs. Members of the SERVPRO team are highly trained in water and mold damage restoration, holding certifications that include:
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
Locally-owned SERVPRO of Atascadero/Paso Robles responds quickly and effectively to help remediate water and mold damage, help you process insurance claims, and restore your property.
SERVPRO of Atascadero/Paso Robles
7343 El Camino Real Suite 199
Atascadero, CA 93422