WaterField introduces the Essential Duffel, the first in its Essential Bags Collection, a quartet of bags that showcase the company's focus on design, functionality, and durability, edited to their basic features to create ultra-lightweight, comfortable carry options. Foam inserts in the new Essential Duffel distribute weight evenly and structure the bag so it stands on its own.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 9, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- WaterField Designs introduces the first of four lightweight, durable bags in its Essential Bag Collection — the Essential Duffel. The new duffel and three upcoming Essential Bags embody a minimalist philosophy with each bag boiled down to its vital features. The result is streamlined versions of the most popular bag styles, each much lighter weight than standard bags in the same category. The timeless aesthetic of the Essential Bag Collection suits both casual and formal settings.
Foam inserts sewn into the sides and bottom of the Essential Duffel distribute weight evenly and create structure, so the bag maintains its shape and remains upright. Thoughtfully placed pockets organize contents, and leather-lined handles are long enough to wear over the shoulder. A weather-proof quick-access front pocket, two easy-access side pockets for water bottles or catch-all items, dual zipper pulls that can be locked together, and a wheeled suitcase passthrough, make the versatile carryall an opportune companion for end-of-summer travel, fitness workouts, and weekend getaways.
"Our new Essential Bags focus on the functional essence of each type of bag to include just its key features, turning old favorites into modern pieces," said company owner Gary Waterfield. "These super lightweight and comfortable bags are no-fuss with an abundance of style. I've been using the Essential Duffel as my carryall for both short and long trips, and it has become one of my all-time favorite bags."
Each forthcoming Essential Bag in the collection presents a streamlined design that showcases the high-performance materials, custom metal hardware, reinforced seams and stress points, and expert detailing that are pillars of the WaterField tradition. In rugged, weather-proof black ballistic nylon with panels of colorful high-performance Forza basketweave textile, the bags project an elegant simplicity.
Essential Duffel Features:
- Firm, lightweight foam on three sides of the 16-liter main compartment protects contents, distributes load weight evenly, and adds structure so the bag stands upright.
- Four deep, wide, internal pockets organize items within the main compartment.
- A golden, water-resistant liner illuminates the interior, making contents easy to find.
- An exterior, weather-proof, zippered pocket, with two internal organizational pockets and a key tether, keep quick-access items secure.
- Two deep side pockets stow water bottles or catch-all items.
- Leather-wrapped straps are short enough to be used as handles and long enough to use over the shoulder.
- YKK waterproof zippers protect contents from the elements.
- Double metal sliders can be locked shut. (Lock not included.)
- Polyurethane-coated, 1680-denier ballistic nylon is water- and abrasion-resistant, and colorfast even in prolonged sun exposure.
- Custom high-performance Forza textile weaves black and colored nylon yarn together for a colorful pop with depth and texture.
- A wheeled suitcase pass-through keeps hands free at the airport. Four connection loops can attach to an optional strap.
- All WaterField bags and cases are handcrafted in San Francisco.
Each upcoming week in August, WaterField will debut a new bag from the Essential Bag Collection. Stay tuned for the Essential Messenger, Essential Sling Pouch, and Essential Backpack.
Availability & Pricing
Colors: Black/Black; Black/Blue; Black/Green; Black/Red.
Materials: 1680 denier ballistic nylon with a polyurethane coating that is colorfast and abrasion and water resistant. High-performance Forza nylon basketweave textile color accents. YKK waterproof zippers. Dual-side, custom metal zipper pulls that can be locked together. (Lock not included.) Full-grain leather handle wraps.
Dimensions & weight: 15.5 x 11 x 7 inches; 12 oz.
About WaterField Designs
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to transport their technology stylishly and responsibly. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices, and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information at "Our Story.
Heidi Marzke, Waterfield Designs, 4152970088, [email protected]
SOURCE Waterfield Designs