WaterField introduces the Air Porter Backpack, a feature-rich air travel backpack with an innovative design that maximizes the allowable airline personal item space. Cleverly placed pockets for easy access from check-in to destination make this comfortable travel backpack a game-changer for modern travelers.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 27, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- San Francisco's WaterField Designs introduces the Air Porter Backpack, the ultimate air-travel personal item to enhance a traveler's journey from start to finish. Whether accessing items at check-in, mid-flight, or upon arrival, the Air Porter Backpack's design keeps critical travel items quick-to-access and tech and personal gear safe and organized. Sized to maximize allowable airline personal item space and to fit under an airline seat, the new compact travel backpack is ideal for travelers who value both practicality and sophistication.
VIDEO of the travel backpack's unique features.
WaterField's expertise in the travel niche stems from years of experience making bags for air travel. The company incorporates thousands of customer suggestions, insights from the company's air travel bag collection, and findings from independent analysis of people's air travel behaviors into each product.
"We set out to redefine what a personal-sized travel backpack can offer by addressing travelers' most common pain points: the need for easy access to essentials, space-maximizing organization, and sturdy yet comfortable support," said company owner Gary Waterfield. "Thoughtfully positioned compartments let you find what you need right when you need it and use space efficiently. Robust back padding, a subtle and highly adjustable sternum strap, and a carry-on handle passthrough ensure a comfortable trip from beginning to end."
The Air Porter Backpack's unique design focuses on accessibility. Two clever zippered compartments at the top of the bag grant easy access to travel documents at check-in or border patrol and to frequently used items during flights when the backpack is stowed under the seat. A dedicated zippered compartment, behind the front full-grain leather panel, fits the WaterField Air Caddy—a tablet and accessories pouch (sold separately). Designed to be transferred to the airline seatback pocket during flights, the Air Caddy keeps tech and other frequently used items easily within reach throughout the flight.
Plush interior compartments protect up to a 16-inch laptop and a 13-inch tablet. Exterior side pockets further enhance convenience. The left side pocket features two interior pockets and a key hook, accessible while wearing the bag by swinging it around in front. A designated water bottle pocket on the right side expands inward to help maintain the sleek outer lines of the backpack. The pocket also works well for an umbrella or windbreaker.
Comfort-focused design features include ergonomic mesh padding on the back panel and shoulder straps. Both a robust interior back panel that helps maintain the bag's shape and an adjustable removable sternum strap help to distribute weight and provide additional comfort.
Features at a glance:
- Ballistic nylon and premium full-grain leather sustain the rough and tumble of travel and convey a sophisticated look.
- Two zippered compartments at the top allow easy access at check-in when the bag is atop a wheeled suitcase or when sitting if the bag is under an airline seat.
- Padded compartments fit up to a 16-inch MacBook Pro and a 13-inch laptop or tablet.
- Interior opaque zippered mesh pocket stretches to accommodate a charger and other bulky items.
- Front zippered compartment can hold a WaterField medium Air Caddy, (a tablet and accessory pouch designed to fit into an airline seatback pocket).
- Right side hybrid exterior pocket — accessible when bag is under an airline seat — holds a 3-inch diameter water bottle and expands inward to keep bag's exterior shape.
- Additional side pocket includes two interior accessory pockets and a key leash and can be accessed by swinging the backpack around while wearing it.
- Easy-clean, gold rip-stop nylon liner makes contents quick to locate.
- Ergonomic, neoprene-padded straps are lined with moisture-wicking mesh.
- Rear moisture-wicking mesh padding is divided into two panels—the lower panel acts as a suitcase handle pass-through or a place to neatly tuck away backpack straps.
- A comfortable leather-lined top handle facilitates a quick grab or briefcase-style carry.
- Firm interior foam on bag's front and bottom protects contents and adds structure.
- Triple-layer interior backing enhances back support and distributes weight evenly.
- Removable sternum strap is highly adjustable to work with most body types.
- Custom metal zipper pulls can be locked together (lock not included).
- YKK waterproof zippers help keep contents dry.
The new WaterField Air Porter Backpack joins the company's Air Collection of bags specifically designed for travel — the Air Porter Carry-On, the Air Duffel Carry-On, the Air Travel Backpack, and the Air Caddy pouch.
Globetrotting travelers seeking innovative gear to help them navigate busy air travel will find the Air Porter Backpack an indispensable companion for every adventure, delivering unmatched functionality and timeless style.
Availability and Pricing
Air Porter Backpack: $419.
Colors: 1050 denier black ballistic nylon with a choice of black, chocolate, or crimson premium, full-grain leather.
Materials: YKK waterproof zippers; custom metal zipper pulls (can be locked together; lock not included); gold rip-stop nylon; 1/8" thick structural, corrugated plastic with foam padding on both sides (rear of bag); firm foam padding (front and bottom of bag).
Dimensions and weight: 16.5 x 12 x 7 inches. 2.8 lbs.
Preorder now. First production run ships on August 11.
About WaterField Designs
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to transport their technology stylishly and responsibly. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices, and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information at "Our Story."
Heidi May Waterfield, Waterfield Designs, 4152970088, [email protected]
SOURCE Waterfield Designs