San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 05, 2016 -- San-Francisco manufacturer, WaterField Designs, to celebrate its 18th successful year in business, announces a modern update to its quintessential messenger-briefcase—its popular Cargo bag. Initially designed to blend the benefits of his bicycle messenger bag with the functionality of a briefcase as he moved into a more professional setting, owner Gary Waterfield’s now upgraded Cargo reflects a culmination of 18 years of customer feedback: it is streamlined into one ideal size, more functional with new modern features, and more stunning than ever. WaterField Designs has been designing and manufacturing custom laptop sleeves, bags, and cases for digital gear in its San Francisco studio since 1998.
“As a bike messenger, I lived out of my bag, but when I started an office job, I needed the versatility of a messenger bag—but one with more functionality—so I created the Cargo. Even after all this time, our first bag is still one of our best selling,” reminisces owner, Gary Waterfield. “We’ve both been here now for 18 years, but unlike me, the Cargo is getting a handsome new facelift. It’s now more functional and beautiful than ever.”
The new Cargo retains the spirit of the original and improves upon its looks and functionality. The authentic paragliding closure is now smoothly integrated with a seamless, leather flap for a cleaner look to match a simplified body shape and design. Upgraded features enhance the functionality of an already astoundingly-practical bag.
• A padded laptop compartment that fits up to a 15-inch MacBook is now built into the main compartment increasing the bag’s usability and decreasing its overall weight.
• A padded iPad compartment (fits up to iPad Pro 13-inch) is built onto the front of the laptop compartment.
• A suitcase slot, located on a rear, deep newspaper pocket, slips over rolling suitcase handles to make trips through airports more convenient.
• New waterproof zippers on the front flap and main compartment help further weather-proof the Cargo.
• A secret phone pocket (fits up to iPhone 6+ size), located inside the front flap zippered pocket, keeps phones accessible and safe.
• A new ideal size—large enough for a 15-inch MacBook, deep enough for a large water bottle, but streamlined to make it light and svelte.
Vintage features retained:
• Main compartment accessible from top zipper so no need to open flap to get inside—much easier access than standard messenger bags
• Premium materials: a supple leather flap combined with rugged ballistic nylon for a bag built to last
• Two-inch wide, comfortable shoulder strap, easily adjustable so can be worn over shoulder or cross body
• Soft leather-topped shoulder pad with more surface area and grippy underside to keep bag planted on shoulder
• Gold, water-resistant liner inside main compartment and pockets enhances interior visibility
• Two balanced carry handles wrapped in soft, black leather
• Two deep interior pockets and pen pockets for organizing accessories, personal items
“Just as when I first created the bag, the newly refreshed Cargo fits my life perfectly,” reflected Waterfield. “It comfortably carries my laptop, my water bottle, my Bose headphones, all my cords and adapters, and my personal necessities, all while projecting a handsome, professional vibe.”
Availability & Pricing
The Cargo: Price—$349.
Colors: Full-grain leather flap in grizzly or black over a black ballistic nylon base.
Dimensions: 12 x 16.5 x 4 inches.
Pre-order now. Shipping begins April 14, 2016.
About WaterField Designs
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transport their technology. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full-range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information at "Our Story”.
Heidi Marzke, WATERFIELD DESIGNS, http://www.sfbags.com, +1 415-552-8572, [email protected]