Our goal with this project was to improve our entire accessory line for these legacy portables while being able to provide our mission-critical customers with economically friendly pricing.
ELDERSBURG, Md. (PRWEB) November 27, 2019
In 2009 Harris Ma/Com Corporation, better known as Harris L3 Technologies, discontinued support of its legacy Harris P7100 radio.
“The P7100 radio has been a critical communications tool for our military personnel for over twenty years and has been replaced by newer portable radio models, including the Harris P7300 and XL-200," said Kyle Bryant, Director of Marketing. “We realize that being able to purchase these newer radio models may not be in the budget with the increase in budget cuts most local, state, and federal agencies are encountering. Many agencies still continuously rely on these radios to perform, which is why we decided to make significant investments in improving our accessory line for these legacy Harris Ma/Com portables, including the P7100, P7200, and P5100, P5200.”
Below is a summary of these improvements at a product level.
4100 mAh two-way radio battery for Harris M/A-Com P7100 SKU: WV-BKB191210-LIP Now Available
Eldersburg, MD November 28, 2019, Waveband Communications, Inc
Increased Capacity extends talk times between charges.
1. Increased battery capacity from 3600 Mah to 4100 Mah. Increasing the average run time by 3 hours.
2. Extending warranty from 12 months to 24 months. Supports our commitment to product quality
3. Increased life cycle compared to Li-Ion cells (500+ vs. 300). Reduces how often you need to purchase replacement batteries.
4. Improved cross-compatibility will work with Harris OEM chargers. Eliminates the need to purchase new chargers.
Harris P7100 Lapel Mic SKU: WX-8012-M3 Now Available
Improve audio quality with louder speaker
1. Louder speaker providing improved audio quality
2. IP67 improved waterproof rating enhancing overall durability
3. Improved strain relief preventing the cable from wearing
4. Extending warranty from 12 months to 24 months. Supports our commitment to product quality
Harris P7100 Six Station Charger SKU: WXTWC6M Now Available
Certified to meet the United States Department of Energy and California Energy Commission
1. Chargers battery alone or with radio attached. Allows the option to swap batteries out, reducing any downtime.
2. We have redesigned the appropriate level of operational RF immunity.
3. Adapter cups are interchangeable allowing for future use with various radio models
4. The charger provides cold and hot battery monitoring and other essential battery warnings.
5. Extending warranty from 12 months to 24 months. Supports our commitment to product quality
Pricing and Availability
Our newly improved accessories for these legacy Harris Ma/Com portable radios are now in stock and are readily available. The price range for these accessories is between $60-$400. However, we are continuously working to reduce the cost of these high-quality accessories to support our customers during these financially challenging times. To support this initiative, we have added a “Request Bulk Quote” form to our newly improved website. In addition to streamlining our discounted pricing offerings, we are offering free shipping on any order of $299.
We are very pleased with how the refresh of these products performed in our initial testing and evaluation and we are confident that the investments we have made will improve the performance of these legacy Harris Ma/Com Radios.
“Our goal with this project was to improve our entire accessory line for these legacy portables while being able to provide our mission-critical customers with economically friendly pricing. I truly believe we exceeded our expectations with achieving these goals and I am extremely optimistic about the response we are going to receive from the professional communications community," said Nick Hohman, VP.
Waveband Communications was founded in April of 2002 to custom engineer and deliver products to better service the two-way radio accessory needs of government users. Over the last decade, Waveband has emerged as the premier provider of services and products to the critical communications industry. We use our extensive industry experience to improve battery and accessory options for government users where lives depend on reliable radio communications. Our success is the direct result of our quality-first philosophy utilized by our knowledgeable staff, which is always committed to providing the highest level of service. Waveband is a Woman Owned Small Business registered in the Central Contract Registration database. We are located just outside of Washington, DC in Westminster, Maryland. Our knowledgeable staff, which has over 20 years of industry experience, stands ready to serve and improve your critical communications needs.