LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) October 09, 2020
Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that explains the main advantages of usage-based programs and how they can lower car insurance rates
For more info and free online quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/top-advantages-of-usage-based-insurance/
Drivers can lower their car insurance costs by enrolling in a usage-based insurance program. Usually, a small telematic device is installed inside the policyholder’s vehicle. This device will send data about the time of day when the car is driven, braking, acceleration, speed, cornering, and the distance traveled in one day.
Drivers that allow their insurer to monitor their driving habits can receive the following benefits:
- Get discounts really fast. Compared to the traditional method that took years of driving history to be analyzed in order to get a good driver discount, this method only takes several months of driving history to be analyzed in order to qualify for a discount.
- Driving less means paying less. If the policyholder changes his driving habits, this will reflect in the paid insurance rates. Policyholders can drive fewer miles in order to qualify for a low-mileage discount.
- It stimulates people to become better drivers. Knowing that every bad driving habit like how often the driver is hard braking, turns too sharply, or he is speeding is monitored by the insurer, can determine the policyholder to become a better driver.
- It helps accident investigation. The telematics device records the moments before an accident happens. Data like the speed and the direction the car was traveling, airbag deployment and hard braking can help the investigators to find out what happened and who is at fault. Fraudulent claimants are also easier to catch by insurance companies.
- It helps policyholders recover their stolen vehicles. Telematics devices come installed with tracking technologies. For this reason, recovering a vehicle equipped with one of these devices is much easier for the authorities.
- Large discounts for teen drivers. Teens can lower their insurance rates by allowing them to be monitored by their insurers. Their rates can significantly reduce if they have good driving habits.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.