Having spent more than $1M on COVID-19-related improvements, Mammoth Mountain’s commitment to guest safety will be evident throughout the resort. The guest experience will also be elevated by several new restaurants and lodging options.
MAMMOTH LAKES, Calif. (PRWEB) November 10, 2020
Having spent more than $1M on COVID-19-related improvements, Mammoth Mountain’s commitment to guest safety will be evident throughout the resort. The guest experience will also be elevated by several new restaurants and lodging options, including two new mobile shipping container eateries and a new luxury lodging property.
Getting to Mammoth Lakes will also be easier. The town of Mammoth Lakes announced a new airline partner for this winter in Advanced Air. The public charter carrier allows air travelers to skip the terminal, making travel to Mammoth Lakes from several airports in Southern California easier and faster than ever before.
MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN IMPROVEMENTS
- Hillside Highlands Luxury Townhomes -- Luxury just steps away from the Village at Mammoth, the new Hillside Highlands Luxury Townhomes are now a part of the Mammoth Mountain Lodging Collection. Only a short two-minute walk to dining, shops and the Village Gondola, the top notch, three-bedroom townhomes are elegantly and efficiently appointed with all the modern amenities, including private hot tubs. All three units can be combined to offer over 9,000 sq. ft., 9 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
- Two new up-hill routes (now five total) -- Mammoth Mountain will offer two new up-hill ski routes this winter, adding to the three such trails already in place. Up-hill lift tickets ($29 for the day, $150 for the season) are required and provide skiers and split-boarders looking to earn their turns with a safe up-hill travel experience.
- Contactless rental services -- Skiers and snowboarders have the option of reserving rental and demo gear and have it waiting for them in a sterilized locker in Main Lodge, Canyon Lodge or the Mountain Center in The Village. The option minimizes wait times and reduces contact with other guests and staff. The locker is also yours for the duration of the rental, so there’s no need to haul gear around.
- Yama Ramen -- A new traditional ramen restaurant in the Village boasting a full selection of top shelf Japanese whiskies. Perfect for winter take-out.
- Two new quick eateries -- Two new custom shipping container style eateries will provide guests with grab-n-go options this season. Find these new quick eat spots at Main Lodge and adjacent to the Gondola terminal at Canyon Lodge. Both locations will offer snacks, beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic), and hot, quick-serve food options including burgers and grilled cheese.
- 53 Kitchen & Cocktails revamp -- 53 Kitchen & Cocktails has been reimagined as a casual sports bar eatery with multiple TVs, a full service bar, and order-at-the-counter dining options.
- 20/21 operating details -- Mammoth Mountain plans to prioritize access to the mountain for season pass holders. Resort visitation levels will be controlled to avoid overcrowding by tightly regulating the number of daily lift tickets sold, which will be available by advance purchase only. Walk-up sales of lift tickets will no longer be available. Face coverings are mandatory in base areas, in lift lines and on chairs.
NEW AIR SERVICE
- New Advanced Air service into Mammoth Lakes Airport-- New this year, Advanced Air will offer regional service to and from Burbank (BUR), Hawthorne (HHR) and Carlsbad (CLD) airports. Advanced Air flights also have the advantage of being able to land in Bishop, Calif. (35 miles away) in the event of inclement weather in Mammoth Lakes.
- BUR – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- HHR – flying three days a week (Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- CLD – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- United Airlines continued service--United Airlines will offer service to and from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Denver (DEN) throughout the winter season
- LAX – flying six days a week (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- SFO – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
- DEN – flying four days a week (Mon, Fri, Sat, Sun)
NEW AROUND TOWN
- Skin Up Ski Tours -- For those looking to explore the Inyo National Forest surrounding Mammoth Lakes, the new Skin Up Ski Tour program gets skiers and snowboarders safely into the Eastern Sierra backcountry with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Skin Up Ski Tours is a subsidiary of Ground Up Climbing Guides.
- Yosemite Axe Throwing--The popular axe throwing experience now has a new location in Mammoth Lakes. The perfect venue for birthday parties, team building, or even date nights. Axe throwing is an unforgettable, safe experience. Ages 8 and up are welcome to come throw.
- Gojira Ramen and Sushi -- Located on Old Mammoth Road across from Vons, Gojira's menu of ramen, rolled sushi and sushi rice bowls is perfect for winter takeout. Fresh veggies and traditional techniques produce some outstanding dishes including the Goji Ramen with a spicy miso broth, definitely a menu highlight.
- One Dish Bistro -- In its first year as a brick and mortar on Old Mammoth Road, the food looks even better than the dining room, and that's saying something. The focus at One Dish is on honest, delicious and creative food at an affordable price. The menu is constantly evolving but staples such as the pistachio and arugula lamb meatballs and baked eggplant with buttermilk sauce and pomegranates speak to the innovative and savory way flavors are complemented here.
- The Empeiria High Sierra Hotel -- Formerly the Best Western, the Empeiria High Sierra Hotel has undergone renovations to both guest rooms and common areas.
- Electric Charging Stations at 1849 Condos -- Five new Level 2 charging stations have been installed at the 1849 condos with the help of Southern California Edison’s Charge Ready Program. They add to an impressive network of charging stations in Mammoth Lakes that make travel to-and-from the area via electric vehicle increasingly easy.
Check visitmammoth.com and mammothmountain.com for more information and to get started booking a Mammoth Lakes vacation.