JERSEY CITY, N.J. (PRWEB) October 27, 2020
Black Friday is approaching, and brands are adopting digital communications channels en masse in anticipation of the busy online shopping season. Infobip – a global omnichannel communications company – has been monitoring channel trends across their platform, finding WhatsApp growth far surpassing the growth of other channels.
The firm’s data compared the impact of COVID-19 on interactions and their customer base from December 2019 to August 2020. Over this date range, Infobip doubled their WhatsApp customers, with the strongest drivers of growth coming from the retail and finance industries in the Americas and Africa. Several metrics point to a seismic shift in digital prioritization for brands across the board, and Infobip released their own measurements to back it up:
- Infobip’s WhatsApp customer base has grown 100% in 2020; retail was the leading vertical, with 115% customer growth.
- Infobip’s retail and finance clients saw interaction volumes surge by 150% and 170%, respectively from December 2019 to August 2020.
- Interactions in WhatsApp in December 2019 were 21 million in retail and 19 million in finance; each industry grew to approximately 51 million by August 2020.
- Infobip’s clients in the finance and retail industries saw 130% and 63% growth in monthly active users, respectively. Their overall clientele since the beginning of 2020 saw a 45% increase in the same metric.
- Transportation and logistics companies’ monthly active users understandably shrank with the widespread implementation of travel restrictions.
Infobip’s Vice President of Global Sales, Yuri Fiaschi, is available for interviews to discuss these findings in additional detail.
Infobip is a global cloud communications platform that enables businesses to build connected customer experiences across all stages of the customer journey at scale, with easy and contextualized interactions over customers’ preferred channels. Accessed through a single platform, Infobip’s omnichannel engagement, identity, user authentication, security, and contact center solutions help clients and partners overcome the complexity of consumer communications, grow their business, and increase loyalty – all in a fast, secure and reliable way. With over a decade of industry experience, Infobip has expanded to include 65+ offices on six continents offering natively built technology with the capacity to reach over seven billion mobile devices and 'things' in 190+ countries connected to over 800 telecom networks. The company serves and partners with leading mobile operators, messaging apps, banks, social networks, tech companies, and aggregators.