ATLANTA (PRWEB) April 04, 2019
Southern Company presented White Electrical Construction Company, Inc. with their third Triangle Safety Award for outstanding safety performance for projects completed in 2018. White Electrical also received this coveted award in 2017 and 2012.
The Triangle Safety Award is presented annually to recognize contractors that achieve high levels of safety performance on Southern Company projects. The award recognizes contractors who:
- Achieved top-quartile status for the Safety Through Everyone’s Participation (STEP) observation rate among Southern Company contractors AND maintained a minimum STEP observation rate of 5 observations per 1,000 work hours each month throughout the year for all work, including subcontracted work.
- Maintained 100-percent participation in project walk-downs and/or site assessments.
- Have zero open safety-related correction actions and achieved top-quartile status for timeliness of corrective action completion.
- Have zero open safety nonconformance reports (SNCRs) and achieved top-quartile status of contractors with fewest SNCRs issued.
- Have not caused an outage or damage to Southern Company property in excess of $10,000.
- The contractor’s work hours on E&CS projects exceed 100,000 including subcontracted work.
Of more than 170 contractors in 2018, only nine, including White Electrical, met those stringent standards. The award was presented by Paula Marino, Executive Vice President of Technical and Project Solutions for Southern Company at a dinner banquet in Birmingham, AL on March 5, 2019. Richard Kirkman, Branch Manager; Scott Brown, Senior Project Manager; Jerry Kirkman, Project Manager, and Nick Maddox, President; received the award on behalf of White Electrical.
“As one of only two electrical contractors to receive this prestigious award, we are especially honored,” said Maddox. “For over 100 years, White Electrical has built a legacy based on business integrity, strong partnerships, ingenuity and a commitment to safety. We are proud of our team for their excellent performance in maintaining outstanding safety statistics not only on Southern Company projects, but on all the work we perform. Our motto is ‘a safe workplace is our moral obligation’ and that is our true mission. Our commitment to provide the best possible service to our customers is exceeded only by our commitment to provide the safest possible work environment for our employees.”
About White Electrical Construction Company, Inc.:
White Electrical was founded in 1910 to serve the growing needs for electricity in the South, specifically for cotton and textile plants. Over the years, White Electrical has grown into a full service industrial electrical contractor supplying a wide range of key industries in the Southeast. The company takes pride in keeping pace with the latest advancements in technology while still honoring their 100+ year commitment of delivering on-time projects, providing quality service and creating a safe workplace.
White Electrical is a subsidiary of 1910 Legacy Enterprises and is an employee-owned company. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with offices in Birmingham, AL, Brunswick, GA, Chattanooga, TN, Jacksonville, FL, Raleigh, NC, Rome, GA and Savannah, GA. White Electrical believes safety is a moral obligation, and employs and enforces rigorous, industry-best safety practices as evidenced by their compliance with Browz, ISNetworld, NCMS, PEC, PICS and SMI safety standards. For more information, please visit: http://www.White-Electrical.com.