MONTREAL (PRWEB) April 01, 2021 -- Canadian company Willful is proud to announce its entry into the Quebec market with today’s launch of its fully bilingual online will platform for Quebec users. Willful is the first company to offer a fully digital notarial will, which can be completed 100% online without the need to physically print or consult a notary in person. The company, founded in 2017 by Erin Bury and Kevin Oulds, is the leading online estate planning platform in Canada, creating over 50,000 documents for customers in eight provinces since its inception.
A human process, a personalized document
Willful’s platform guides people through a series of questions about their life situation and helps them to appoint key roles like liquidators and legatees. Once the relevant information for end-of-life wishes has been gathered, Willful provides a customized document supported by a page of detailed instructions to ensure that all legal requirements are respected. Willful offers free updates in future, so you can keep your will up to date as life changes. The company partnered with local law firm Spiegel Sohmer to create its legal content in Quebec.
“Our mission is to use technology to simplify end-of-life planning, and we’re so excited to launch in Quebec today to help further that mission. Willful was part of Montreal’s FounderFuel accelerator in 2019, and we’re glad to bring our affordable, convenient, and easy platform to the local market,” said Erin Bury, co-founder, Willful. “We've worked with local estate lawyers to create the most complete online estate planning service available in Quebec, so you and your family can be prepared for tomorrow.”
1. The cost – Willful services are only a portion of the cost of a visit to a lawyer or notary. 2 plans are available:
- A will for $99 (will in front of witnesses)
- A notarial will for $349 (includes virtual execution by a notary and registration with the Chambre des notaires)
2. The convenience – Consumers can create their will at home or work without having to make an in-person appointment or coordinate with another party’s schedule.
3. The time - Once the key decisions have been made (liquidator, guardian, legatees), Willful’s online creation process takes less than 20 minutes.
A few statistics
- 43% of Quebecers over 18 years old don’t have a will. The main reasons being:
- Feeling that it is not essential
- Confusion on how to proceed
- Time dedicated to the process
- 79% of Quebecers under the age of 35 don't have a will
- More than half (55%) of Quebecers say they have a will, with 45% saying that their will was drafted by a notary
- More than half (55%) paid more than $250 for their will
Willful has a special promotion for healthcare workers. The company is offering free $99 wills to frontline healthcare works during COVID-19, and has given out over 3,000 wills to date across Canada.
What else is possible with Willful platform?
- Appoint a liquidator and backups
- Appoint a tutor and backups
- Appoint a guardian for your pet (and backups)
- Leave specific legacies to people you care about
- Decide how your assets will be divided
- Outline funeral and burial wishes
Willful's local partners:
• Legal advisor: Alexandre Dufresne, tax & estates lawyer, Spiegel Sohmer.
• Montreal-based partner notary who handles the execution of notarial wills virtually, in compliance with Chambre des notaires COVID-19 emergency orders.
"COVID-19 has made emergency planning more top-of-mind for everyone, and restrictions have highlighted the need for more accessible online tools. I'm excited to partner with Willful to bring its simplified estate planning platform to Quebec, since we need more modern, technology-driven solutions to end-of-life planning." mentions Alexandre Dufresne
Your will, your way:
Willful's mission is to help people create the legal documents they need to protect and provide for their loved ones.
To learn more about Willful, please visit the website: http://willful.co/en-qc
Statistics Source : Léger Marketing
An online survey of 1003 Quebecers was completed between November 13 and 15, 2020, using Leger’s online panel.
For more details, please contact:
Karine Vézina, bicom,
[email protected], 514 827-7748
Karine Vézina, Willful, https://www.willful.co/fr-qc, +1 514 827-7748, [email protected]