LOS ANGELES, August 9, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Wine Insiders ( wineinsiders.com), the Internet's preeminent destination for premium wine at everyday low prices, has announced its receipt of an unprecedented number of accolades spanning seven prestigious wine competitions that have taken place in 2018. The innovative online merchant's portfolio has won over 200 awards since January.
"We're inspired each time one of our wines wins an award," said Tyson Koster, Director of Wine Strategy at Wine Insiders. "These recognitions affirm we're accomplishing our mission of bringing the highest-quality wines, at the lowest possible price, to consumers around the United States."
Exclusive Wines Reap High Honors
From Old to New World, wines from every category offered by Wine Insiders received top accolades in competitions worldwide.
- Reds: 106 Medals
- Winning wines include 2017 Feudo Ducale Aglianico I.G.P. ($12) with a 96-Point Platinum Medal from the prestigious 2018 Critics Challenge, and 2017 Bertoli Sangiovese di Puglia I.G.T. ($10) with a Best Sangiovese, 94-Point Platinum Medal in the 2018 Monterey International Competition.
- Georges Vigouroux, the makers of 94-Point Platinum Medal winning 2017 Cuvée Joëlle Red Blend ($10), won France's Winery of the Year in the 2018 Berlin International Competition.
- Whites: 77 Medals
- With 27 Golds, one Double Gold, and three Platinum Medals, this was the most awards white wines have won at this point compared to any previous year.
- Notable wins are a Best of Class, 94-Point Platinum Medal for 2016 Bernard Magrez Coup de Rhône Villages Laudun Blanc ($20) from the 2018 Winemaker Challenge and a Double Gold, Best of Class, 95-Point Medal for 2017 El Macho White Blend ($10) in the 2018 Women's International Competition.
- Rosé: Eight Medals
- Eight rosés won awards in the 2018 Critics Challenge competition, including 2017 Voluptueux Malbec Rosé ($12) with a 91-Point Gold Medal and Freschello Rosé ($10) with a 90-Point Gold Medal.
- Sparkling: Seven Medals
- Scavi & Ray Ice Prestige ($15) won a 91-Point Gold Medal and the prestigious title of Best Prosecco in the 2018 Toast of the Coast Competition.
- Best of: Eight Medals
- Winners include 2016 Hoya de Cadenas Night Harvest ($15) with a Best Spanish Blended White, 94-Point Platinum Medal and Arbos Rosso ($12) with a Best of Tuscany, 90-Point Gold Medal.
About Wine Insiders
Founded in Chicago in 1982, Wine Insiders has grown to become the nation's leading online destination for premium wines at everyday low prices. Wine Insiders has a proven track record of connecting more than 1 million wine-loving households with acclaimed wines that have earned more than 750 awards since 2015. Featuring great wine delivered to your door without a subscription, every wine is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Customers enjoy fast, free delivery on 6+ bottle orders and convenient local pickup options at over 10,000 locations, including most Fed Ex Office and Walgreens locations. Wine Insiders is part of the DRINKS ( drinks.com) family.
Media Contact: Nicole Sanchez, ESSE PR, 424-265-7279, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Wine Insiders