BIRMINGHAM, Ala., June 4, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- AlabamaCIO announced the winners of its 2021 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. AlabamaCIO recognized chief information officers in five key categories – Leadership, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, and NonProfit/Public Sector. The AlabamaCIO ORBIE Awards were presented virtually.
"The AlabamaCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the significance of strong technology leadership in these uncertain times. Over the past year, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history," according to Leza Dabit, Executive Director of AlabamaCIO. "The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters."
The 2021 AlabamaCIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Curt Carver, VP & CIO, University of Alabama at Birmingham received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Kevin McMahon, Senior EVP & CIO, BBVA USA received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue.
- Terri Bentley, Senior EVP & CIO, Redstone Federal Credit Union received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $350 million annual revenue.
- Ben Barnes, CISO, VP IT Services, McLeod Software received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $350 million annual revenue.
- Scott Ross, Director of IT, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology received the Nonprofit/Public Sector ORBIE for Government, Education, & other Nonprofit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,500 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 350 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
0-Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The AlabamaCIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Fran Dramis, Five-Time Fortune 500 CIO. Over 250 guests attended virtually, representing leading Alabama organizations and their technology partners.
The 2021 AlabamaCIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Veristor, Google Cloud, & Analysts
- Silver sponsors: ServiceNow, CGI, C Spire, & Darktrace
- Bronze sponsors: Dell Technologies, AHEAD, Oracle, Agilysys, Softchoice, Ellucian, Data in Science & Technology, Between Pixels, CDW, & Infosys
- Media partner: Birmingham Business Journal
AlabamaCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Alabama chief information officers. AlabamaCIO is one of 22 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
AlabamaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
Achieve your leadership potential through AlabamaCIO: http://www.Alabamacio.org
Stay connected with AlabamaCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/AlabamaCIO
Lexi Ballard, AlabamaCIO, +1 4042135461, [email protected]
Leza Dabit, AlabamaCIO, [email protected]