PHOENIX, April 23, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- ArizonaCIO announced the winners of its 2021 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. ArizonaCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, Public Sector, and Education. The ArizonaCIO ORBIE Awards were presented virtually.
"The ArizonaCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the significance of strong technology leadership in these uncertain times. Over the past year, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history," according to Lindsey Estep, Executive Director of ArizonaCIO. "The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters."
The 2021 ArizonaCIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Deanna Wise, CIO, Banner Health received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Jeff Shumway, Global CIO, Insight Enterprises received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Anthony Bobos, EVP & CIO, Vitalant received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue.
- Brian Kirkland, CTO, Choice Hotels International received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Harold Dibler, VP, Technology Management, Best Western Hotels and Resorts received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $500 million annual revenue.
- Matthew Arvay, CIO, City of Phoenix received the Public Sector ORBIE for state & local government and other nonprofit organizations.
- Barry Brummund, CIO, The University of Arizona received the Education ORBIE for schools and other higher education organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,500 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 350 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The ArizonaCIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by James Dallas, Two-Time ORBIE Winner and Former CIO of Georgia Pacific. Over 350 guests attended virtually, representing leading Arizona organizations and their technology partners.
The 2021 ArizonaCIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Lumen, Expedient, Allata, Insight, & Snowflake
- Gold sponsors: ER2, Fortinet, Zscaler, Clairvoyant, & Google Cloud
- Silver sponsors: Cox Business, Workday, MAK System, ServiceNow, Crowdstrike, Palo Alto Networks, Zoom, Vox Mobile, & Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Bronze sponsors: World Wide Technology, BirlaSoft, Deloitte Consulting, Dell Technologies, Oracle, Imagine Technology Group, Avtex, Entreda, Delphix, Paradigm Technology, Microsoft, SADA, CDW, TIBCO, Slalom, & Between Pixels
- National partner: Year Up
- Media partner: Phoenix Business Journal
ArizonaCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Arizona chief information officers. ArizonaCIO is one of 21 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
ArizonaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
›› Achieve your leadership potential through ArizonaCIO: http://www.ArizonaCIO.org
›› Stay connected with ArizonaCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/ArizonaCIO
Lexi Ballard, ArizonaCIO, +1 4042135461, [email protected]
Lindsey Estep, ArizonaCIO, [email protected]