DENVER (PRWEB) March 26, 2021
ColoradoCIO announced the winners of its 2021 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. ColoradoCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, and Nonprofit/Public Sector. The ColoradoCIO ORBIE Awards were presented virtually.
“The ColoradoCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the significance of strong technology leadership in these uncertain times. Over the past year, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Leza Dabit, Executive Director of ColoradoCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2021 ColoradoCIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Alan Cullop, SVP & CIO, DaVita, Inc. received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Brian Gabbard, VP IT & Services, Ball Corporation received the Super Global ORBIE for organizations over $2.5 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Chandra Venkataramani, CIO, TTEC received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Purnima Wagle, CIO & Digital Transformation Leader, DCP Midstream received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1.2 billion annual revenue.
- Bill Case, CIO, WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations up to $1.2 billion annual revenue.
- Michael Bush, Sr. Director of IS, Colorado Rockies Baseball Club received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $500 million annual revenue.
- Michael Jefferies, VP & CIO, Boulder Community Health received the Nonprofit/Public Sector ORBIE for government, education, and nonprofit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,500 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 350 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The ColoradoCIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Robert Dixon, Former CIO of PepsiCo. Over 300 guests attended virtually, representing leading Colorado organizations and their technology partners.
The 2021 ColoradoCIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Lumen & Associate Staffing
- Gold sponsors: Insight, Fortinet, Comcast Business, Ciena/Blue Planet, Zscaler, & IBM
- Silver sponsors: Slack, Workday, IQ Clarity, ServiceNow, Flexential, Presidio, Akamai, Tata Consultancy Services & Delphix
- Bronze sponsors: Perficient, Trace3, Nsight, EY, Slalom, Oracle, World Wide Technology & Between Pixels
- Media partner: Denver Business Journal
- About ColoradoCIO
ColoradoCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Colorado chief information officers. ColoradoCIO is one of 21 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
ColoradoCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.