ATLANTA (PRWEB) November 05, 2021
GeorgiaCIO announced the winners of its 2021 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. GeorgiaCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Lifetime, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate, Corporate, & Public Sector. The Awards were presented at the Georgia CIO of the Year Awards at the Cobb Galleria.
“The GeorgiaCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the significance of strong technology leadership in these uncertain times. Over the past year, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Karen Wilson, Executive Director of GeorgiaCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2021 GeorgiaCIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Lee Crump, CIO & Group VP (ret), Rollins Inc., received the Lifetime Achievement ORBIE.
- Rich Gilbert, SVP, CIO, & CDO, Aflac received the Global ORBIE for organizations up to $2.5 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- David Brooks, SVP & CTO, Cox Automotive received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $5 billion annual revenue.
- Roxanne Seymour, SVP & CIO, Serta Simmons Bedding received the Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $1.5 billion annual revenue.
- Matt Diamond, CIO, Secureworks received the Large Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $550 million annual revenue.
- Marcus Wasdin, CIO, Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $550 million annual revenue.
- Michael Casdorph, VP IT & CIO, Augusta University received the Public Sector ORBIE for education, government, and public sector.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,800 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 400 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The GeorgiaCIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Jed Yueh, Founder and CEO of Delphix. About 725 guests attended, representing leading Georgia organizations and their technology partners.
The 2021 GeorgiaCIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Cumberland Group, Google Cloud, Intellinet, & Lumen
- Gold sponsors: AHEAD, Fortinet, Insight, Pariveda, Pluralsight, Rural Sourcing, SoftServe, Veristor, & VMWare
- Silver sponsors: Appian, Comcast, Deloitte, Delphix, Hylaine, Palo Alto Network, Pure Storage, ServiceNow, Splunk, Twillo, Workday, Zscaler & Zoom
- Bronze sponsors: AWS, BMC, Beam Wireless, Between Pixels, Brickhouse, Dell Technologies, Emtec, EY, Hexaware, Innovien Solutions, iVision, Juniper, LTI, Nexient, PwC, Rubrik, Salesforce, SHI, Simulstar, Tanium, Tech Mahindra, TIBCO, & United Data Technologies
- National partner: Year Up
- Media partner: Atlanta Business Chronicle
GeorgiaCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Georgia chief information officers. GeorgiaCIO is one of 21 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
GeorgiaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
›› Achieve your leadership potential through GeorgiaCIO: http://www.GeorgiaCIO.org
›› Stay connected with GeorgiaCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/GeorgiaCIO