MIAMI (PRWEB) May 21, 2021
MiamiCIO announced the winners of its 2021 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. MiamiCIO recognized chief information officers in six key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, and Healthcare. The MiamiCIO ORBIE Awards were presented virtually.
“The MiamiCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the significance of strong technology leadership in these uncertain times. Over the past year, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Karen Wilson, Executive Director of MiamiCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2021 MiamiCIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Larry Quinlan, Global CIO, Deloitte received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Martha Poulter, SVP & CIO, Royal Caribbean Group received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Jay Smith, CIO, Tracfone Wireless, Inc. received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $3 billion annual revenue.
- Darryl Maraj, CTO, Digital Solutions Group, GA Telesis, LLC received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Kim Jacques, EVP Operations & CIO, Technology Management, Sentry Data Systems received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $500 million annual revenue.
- Novlet Palmer Mattis, CIO, Orlando Health received the Healthcare ORBIE for hospitals and healthcare organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,500 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 350 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The MiamiCIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by Thaddeus Arroyo, CEO of AT&T Consumer & AT&T Communications. Almost 300 guests attended virtually, representing leading South Florida organizations and their technology partners.
The 2021 MiamiCIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Insight, Dell Technologies, & Google Cloud
- Gold sponsors: SoftServe, Fortinet, Unified Technologies & Citrix
- Silver sponsors: Workday, Rural Sourcing, Zscaler, Globant & Kearney
- Bronze sponsors: CDW, World Wide Technologies, SHI, PwC, Accenture, Divurgent, Deloitte, Pure Storage, TIBCO, HCL, Between Pixels & Appian
- National partner: Year Up
- Media partner: South Florida Business Journal
MiamiCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of South Florida chief information officers. MiamiCIO is one of 21 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
MiamiCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.